This is a unique opportunity to work in an established team that is delivering material change to the way a FTSE Top 100 retailer buys, moves and sells stock across all our platforms and channels. The successful candidate will work closely with experts in the use of JDA fulfilment (a leading-edge allocation & supply chain planning solution), JDA Demand (a customer demand forecasting application) and our master-data system (SAP) as well as gaining an intimate knowledge of in-house planning systems SSI & Range Planner. They will also become proficient in the use of other M&S systems like PLM, Merch Planning, International Range Planner and AMT (the Assortment Management Tool) which was designed, tested and delivered by one of the analysts already working within the A&R COE.
In addition to their store attachment, we will also arrange placements or shadowing with our many stakeholders (International, Space, Logistics, Supply Chain, HO Retail, Merchandising, Planning, Allocation etc.) to give our new colleague a truly holistic view of how this business operates.
Whilst there is an expectation that the successful candidate will have some background in data analytics, we are looking to build on these capabilities and develop experts in the use of SQL and data visualisation tools like Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview etc. We are also working with the business to agree an approach to enrolling our analysts on suitable data science courses and workshops to enable exploitation of data mining tools like R and Python to make the most of our big data platform (Hadoop) and enhance our machine learning capabilities.
We have worked with L&D to build close links with the existing Data Scientist community in IT to support and coach our analysts to compliment the above.
We also have access to 2 leading edge learning platforms:
• Pluralsight: is an on-demand technology learning platform you count on to stay relevant, with tools that measure your skills and solve your problems - faster.
• Safari Books: brings you expertise from some of the world’s foremost innovators in technology and business, including unique content developed by O’Reilly Media and its network of industry leaders. Plus eBooks and videos from 200+ respected publishers, including O’Reilly, Pearson, Wiley, Packt, Harvard Business Review, and Wharton Digital Press.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include
• Consistent delivery of A&R COE SLA’s
• Effective co-ordination of SAP required data gathering
• Accurate upload and maintenance of SAP data
• Effective maintenance of product and location attributes to support and drive A&R processes
• Analytics to drive compliance and best practice across BU
Your skills and experience will include
• Good working knowledge of merchandising systems and SAP
• Working knowledge of Business Reporting Tool(s)
• To be fully conversant with standard business desktop applications
• Minimum standard of intermediate for Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Access an advantage
• SAP experience preferable but not essential
• Ability to initiate and build strong relationships with own teams, across functions and channels
• Numerical, analytical and interpretive skills
• Organisational skills
• Commercial awareness
• Exception Management