For the role of Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for ensuring that you provide support to the Buying team across a range of Frameworks and Contracts, ensuring that operational procurement demands are managed effectively allowing overall business targets to be achieved. This role will appeal to someone who is self-motivated, keen to contribute within a team and would like to learn and develop within the Procurement profession.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
• Supporting Buyers in day-to-day category management, helping identify continuous improvement opportunities
• Supporting in the delivery of savings to NHS SC customers
• To be proactive in supplier management, identifying and resolving operational issues, with the support of the Buyer/Senior Buyer.
• Provide reports and management information, such as supplier performance reports, to support supplier meetings and business decisions.
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are followed. Managing system and range changes (e.g. product/price changes) and supplier novations, for example, through the internal approval process.
• Develop an understanding the OJEU regulations
• Resolve invoice queries
• Participate in projects and initiatives as appropriate
• Be an active member of the Procurement team, supporting teamwork and joint learning and development initiatives
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Keen to learn and develop in a Procurement environment
• Good administrative experience and able to manage multiple tasks
• IT literate and capable of proficiency in MS Office applications
• Self-motivation, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Good inter-personal skills and ability to develop and maintain range of relationships
• Confident communicator
• Analytical, problem-solving skills
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.