This is a great opportunity for a someone who is looking for their next step in developing a career within buying, whatever the area. Do you enjoy the art of negotiation? Do have a keen eye for detail? Are you passionate about technology and retail?
The Windows Laptop category is a constantly evolving and fast paced environment, dealing with the leading brands in the technology industry, and is a key category within the Computing department.
The Assistant Buyer will support the Windows Laptop Category Managers in delivering the budget plan and strategy, demonstrating creativity and a strong understanding of our colleagues and customers to deliver a compelling offer, whilst also having ownership of particular projects and brands.
This market continues to change shape at pace, so the role will offer the candidate an opportunity to demonstrate speed of thought and dynamism in addressing the ever moving needs of our customers.
• Compile weekly trading decks, manage CRM activity and briefs.
• Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
• Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share and competitor information.
• Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
• Manage weekly and ad hoc reporting duties on Business objects (training provided)
• Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and marketing collateral.
You will need:
• Experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• A background in Buying, Merchandising or Category Management at a junior level
• Previous experience of stakeholder management
• Exposure to managing supplier relationship
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers.
What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.