At New Look, everything we do is for the love of fashion. Without following that core belief, we wouldn’t be where we are now. But, what else does it take to be one of the biggest brands on the UK’s high street? We think that it comes down to our employees – and our mission to be the go-to destination for men’s, women’s and teen’s clothing and accessories.
Our motto? Keep it simple. Be brave. Think customer. Act with pace. Take responsibility. That’s the New Look way. If that sounds like you, we’d like to have you on our team! We’re always searching for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to take New Look to exciting places.
What does our Buying team do?
We partner with all areas of the business, utilising our market knowledge of current trends, to continually develop and buy a fantastic range of products suitable for our Customer. The Customers’ requirements are at the heart of everything we do, therefore not only trend but quality, affordability and speed to market is really important to us.
We are looking for an Assistant Buyer to join our Footwear & Accessories department.
As an Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for ensuring the critical buying path is achieved and that order management and sampling processes run to schedule.
• Sound understanding of the Business Strategy and how that impacts your Department
• Applying knowledge of the current competitive market place and trends, and inputting into the direction of the department
• Solid understanding of the Department’s current Customer insights, Market Share and opportunities
• Working in conjunction with Marketing and Ecommerce, supporting with Windows and Photo Shoots
• Assisting in Department Strategy Planning preparation
• Assist the Product Development process from Design brief to launch, liaising with Design, Marketing and other relevant departments
• Negotiating the best cost price to achieve departmental margin targets
• Understanding product trends and interpreting them where relevant into product areas
• Ensuring input to the Assortment Planning tool and other data / system management, in a timely manner
• Understanding the appropriate sourcing route and Supplier for Product
• Monitoring Critical Path on Commitment to insure intake and distribution targets are met
• Attending Fit sessions in the Buyers absence give styling Comments
• Managing Supplier relationships and KPI’s, including monitoring sampling requirements in line with projected levels of business
• Negotiating and liaising with Suppliers
• Understanding of reports and actions that may need to be taken on Trade
• Managing the critical path, making adaptations (where required) to react to market changes and challenges
• Sharing of information where possible on Product, Suppliers, Best /Worst Sellers within the business area
• Monitor, maintain and action competitor analysis (comparative shopping)
• Supporting with the development of fellow colleagues, delivering relevant training and support where required
• Collaboratively working with Merchandising, Design and Technical colleagues
• Acting as a positive role model for the Team and peers
What skills do I need for the role?
• Previous experience as a Buying Admin Assistant / Assistant Buyer within a major retailer
• Fashion Qualification / Other degree desirable
• Customer knowledge and a strong fashion eye
• Good interpersonal / communication skills
• Ability to support, train and develop the Buying Admin Assistant
• Ability to initiate, build and maintain relationships with Design, Merchandising, QA and Suppliers
• The capability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment
• Solid presentation skills
• Risk assessment and SWOT analysis skills
• Numerical and analytical skills
• Communicate effectively with all internal and external teams
• PC literate - Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
• A good understanding of fashion trends and knowledge of the high street
• Sound knowledge of the elements that make up the cost of a product
• Understanding of supply chain issues / cost – (e.g. product lead times/ flexibility/ supplier capability)Ability to develop and build a small product range
Why New Look?
Our internal career progression is celebrated and encouraged. Plus, we offer bonus schemes, season ticket loans, a huge staff discount of 40% and amazing deals across a number of different businesses.
If you’re still not convinced…
• Every Friday we finish at 4pm
• At the end of the month, we have a social mix up at the New Look Arms
• There’s free fruit, tea and coffee, to keep your energised for the day
• We have an exciting new Kitchen & Coffee Bar for your enjoyment: The Hub
Want to be a New Looker? We guessed you would! Apply now to find out more!