Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes … we’re looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we’ll make promises to you too.
To be successful in your application you will have strong IT skills with the ability to use excel and quickly learn other IT applications. You will need to have strong communication skills with the ability to use multiple channels including email and telephone. It would be beneficial to have Procurement experience, however this is not necessary, what is necessary is to have an interest in this area.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
• Manage the process for product recalls in a timely manner i.e. MHRA or manufacturer recalls.
• Contribute to the management of the product council and task force groups.
• Liaison with inventory and suppliers in a timely manner, logging complaints on database and quality check that product returned.
• Maintain the product database with amendments for existing products, or the introduction of new products.
• Work closely with other Junior Buyers to ensure consistency and best practice.
• Be an active member of the Procurement team, supporting teamwork and joint learning and development initiatives.
You won’t find another job like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here’s what we need from you:
• Relevant experience in commercial functions or education in logistics/supply chain management.
• A full understanding of financial accounts / appraisal and of supplier cost bases.
• CIPS is desirable, either achieved or studying towards
• Awareness of markets as a source of supply, but no detailed market/product knowledge, with limited commercial focus.
• Basic understanding of the difference between procurement within the private sector and public sector.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.