About Our Client
The company manufacture a range of packaging solutions for the Food sector and are part of a well-established group expanding in the region.
* Advise all relevant staff of purchasing procedure and ensure they comply with this procedure.
* Negotiate prices with suppliers, place orders and manage service agreements.
* Monitor and forecast materials demand, utilising the MRP system.
* Follow up on orders to ensure the product/materials are shipped and delivered on required delivery date.
* Ensure accurate records are maintained both within the MRP system and in paper format as required.
* Co-ordinate any trials of materials/consumables with production team and finance.
* Develop relationships with suppliers and carry out quarterly reviews on their performance.
The Successful Applicant
* A minimum of 2 years experience in purchasing, buying and negotiating supplier contracts
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Experience in a packaging/FMCG environment is advantageous
What's on Offer
Salary DOE of Assistant Buyer
Strong senior support structure
Newcastle upon Tyne