Our client is a leading manufacturer of electronic goods, based in Oxfordshire who are recruiting an Assistant Buyer to expand their purchasing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the procurement and supply of electronic materials to support current and future business needs and to be the interface between suppliers and internal stake holders for product requirements.
• Ensure material availability for production requirements
• Establish and build relationships with existing and new suppliers
• Obtain and expand market awareness
• Working to current purchasing techniques
• Contribute to the successful and timely launch of new products
• Identification and development of continuous improvement opportunities
• Assist in the development of robust processes and procedures to ensure best practice
• Achieve results by the application of appropriate purchasing techniques
• Maintain relationships with key stakeholders
Key qualifications and experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in buying / purchasing or procurement of ideally electronic materials
• Results orientated with initiative
• Dynamic and self-motivated with excellent communication skills
• A proven track record of delivery within a challenging commercial environment
• Understanding of competitive tendering cycle
• Analytical, good Excel skills with keen attention to detail
• Good commercial acumen
RoCHe Recruitment Solutions specialises in Supply Chain opportunities. Please note that we can only assist candidates who are eligible to work in the EU or hold the relevant visas.
It is with regret, that due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted.