ASSISTANT BUYER - IMAGING
An opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to the development and growth of an established but changing category. The Imaging category is a dynamic, fast paced environment dealing with the leading brands in the technology market.
The Assistant Buyer plays an important role in supporting the category managers in executing the budget plan and strategy. Key qualities include a keen eye for detail and the willingness to learn. The role requires you to work alongside the category managers to interpret information quickly and execute the strategy. The role will provide ownership of projects and give you an opportunity to present to the senior team internally and negotiate with the Brands.
• Compile weekly trading decks, manage CRM activity and briefs.
• Work with the category manager to source, setup and market new products and ranges.
• Provide support to the Category Manager to analyse market share and competitor information.
• Build good supplier relationships by being a key contact for day to day supplier related issues to support the Category Manager.
• Manage weekly and ad hoc reporting duties on Business objects (training provided)
• Provide support to the Category Manager to compile and update category promotional plans and marketing collateral.
You will need:
• Experience working within a FMCG or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• A background in Buying, Merchandising or Category Management at a junior level
• Previous experience of stakeholder management
• Exposure to managing supplier relationships
We're one team and we celebrate all of the great things you do. One way we show our gratitude is by giving you access to a range of lifestyle benefits, including:
• Company Pension Scheme
• Free on-site Gym
• Discretionary/Performance based bonus
• Colleague Discounts (shopping, cinema, food discounts etc)
Beyond that, we'll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you'll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We're building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.