Ann Summers is an iconic empire and multi-channel retailer. Our journey has been paved by the Golds and we've got one hell of a heritage to be proud of. 44 years, over 2 million Rampant Rabbits, 116 stores and we're still throwing 7,000 parties each week.
Working for us certainly isn't for the faint-hearted but it is for the passionate, the daring, and the expert! Our Headoffice is passionate about Ann Summers, and why wouldn't they be when our ultimate vision is to help every women in the world feel like the sexiest women in the world.
We are looking for an Assistant Buyer on Toys, with high levels of energy and passion for all things Ann Summers:
How does this Role support fulfilling Our Vision: To support the buyer in the running of the Toys department and help them deliver the overall business strategies.
Summary of Key Activities:
* Customer and Brand focus – encourages the team to be customer focused, go on competitive shops etc. Constantly evaluates customer lifestyle/ choices and sees opportunities. Knows the brand and its evolution, aware of current trends and can relate to dept, visits stores and sees the opportunities/ risks for the department and further understand the customer and markets.
* Shows commercial awareness, reacts to the competition and identifies further opportunities for the department or brand. Develops product, shows critical assessment of range, works with designer to develop strategy and produce product.
* Builds the range, applies range building principals to balance range for the target customer considering fashionability, end use, price points and mixes of colour, style, fabric. Constantly reviews to maximise profit.
* Contributes to department trading, takes full responsibility for trading the range they buy. Works with merchandising to deliver margin and profit. Discusses ideas and accepts challenges from others, confidently takes decisions under pressure and takes action through to completion.
* Supplier Management -Demonstrates understanding of key supplier strength and weaknesses, the role the key suppliers have on their department strategy. Obtains costings, cross costings from existing / new suppliers. Continuously explore new supply bases. Works with tech and merch to plan supplier strategy and review performance. Negotiates creatively to maximise margin without jeopardising flexibility, quality and supplier relationships.
* Contributes to the development / review of critical path, manages BAA to make sure CP is updated and issues highlighted. Follows through quality issues and communicated actions to the right people.
* Oversees and checks that all pre-season loading of items by ensuring product codes, attributes, cost prices, selling prices, and supplier information are accurate and timely. Orders all samples as required.
* Plans and prioritises objectives with a flexible approach. Raises profile within business and works with the senior team. Seen as a problem solver. Manages self – own attitude and approach has a positive.
* Impact on others, manages others expectations, reacts positively to change.
* Manages the BAA, coaches and trains then, and manages performance including performance reviews.
* Take responsibility for own development, learning through observing and effective communication with the team. Always has a positive attitude
* Stakeholder communication – communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders. Making sure you show awareness of the operational effect and impact of our decisions on other areas of the business and communicate accordingly.
* Meeting of the Company`s Values.
We are the company we are because we do everything we can to make every day fun whilst making a real difference to the sex lives of people around the world. We promise that when you work with us at Ann Summers it will be fun because if you are going to work for a living, it should be doing something you love so apply today and become part of the team that Love Work!
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Ann Summers complies with all GDPR policies and by responding to this ad your details will be kept on record for a total of 6 months unless expressed otherwise.