Our procurement function is changing, we’re on an exciting transformation journey. Investing in the business we have now, and exploring new opportunities to make a difference. As part of that we’re recruiting an assistant category managers to help drive our procurement strategy across our logistics function. Our growing procurement team is empowered to make decisions, and with a £1.3 billion annual spend it has a vital role to play in driving the transformation of our Co-op.
In this role you’ll be responsible for procurement duties with an emphasis on contract and supplier management. You’ll work closely with colleagues across the business to support the development of innovative category plans. We’ll look to you to drive great value by building positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and using commercial tools to deliver projects.
What you’ll do
• develop logistics category expertise
• analyse spend and supplier data to identify trends and deliver value, service improvements and commercial benefits
• monitor savings against targets, flagging any risks or opportunities to the category manager
• own and develop reporting in regards to both market intelligence and market analysis that will feed into the category strategy
• execute sourcing strategies, including tendering, analysis, selection and negotiation with suppliers
• support the category team with procurement projects
• make sure all contractual obligations relating to the Co-op and suppliers are set up correctly against the supplier framework governance and risk management policies
• facilitate supplier meetings and prepare performance improvements plans for underperforming suppliers
This role would suit people who have
• good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships with suppliers and internal partners
• strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse and interpret data
• intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (you’ll be creating complex formulas and vlookups)
• drive and tenacity to work under pressure and manage changing deadlines
• a passion for negotiation and sound commercial thinking ability
• the desire to consider procurement as a career and to study the CIPS qualification
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competitive salary
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● pension with up to 10% employer contributions
● annual incentive scheme
● 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.