A great opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Assistant Supply Chain Operations Manager to join us. In this role you will be responsible for placing and tracking Purchase Orders and managing the inbound delivery of components for gifts in our portfolio. These are sourced from across the globe and collated into finished gifts to agreed timescales.
You will work closely with the Supply Chain Planning team to understand when order commitments need to be changed and implement these changes at a fast pace.
Does the thought of being a part of getting our amazing gift offering to shelf excite you? If the answer is yes.....read on!
Here at Walgreens Boots Alliance - Global Brands we believe in being pioneering, inspirational and connecting with people. Our unique business model places the consumer at the heart of everything we do, with real-time insights that are transformed into thousands of products and brands to help consumers lead happier and healthier lives. With a portfolio of brands that includes No7, Liz Earle Beauty Co., Soap & Glory and YourGoodSkinÔ, we touch the lives of millions all over the world.
ABOUT GLOBAL BRANDS SUPPLY
Global brands existing supply chain has been built off the back of the UK centric Boots UK supply chain and today consists of an increasingly complex blend of different supply chain processes and systems.
We have recognised the need to transform our capability over the next 2 years if we are to continue to provide our existing high standards of customer service, at the same time as enabling our future business growth ambition. We have embarked on an exciting programme of supply chain transformation.
We are based in Nottingham, UK with Regional offices in New York and Hong Kong and would love to hear from talented supply chain professionals who would like to get on board with us on our transformation journey as we build a world class global capability for WBA.
• To create, confirm and track all Purchase Orders associated with Global Brands gift products (includes finished goods, components & 3rd party assembly)
• You'll work closely with contract packers to ensure they assemble and deliver finished goods into the warehouse to the timescales required
• To ensure there is accurate visibility of our stockholding at assemblers
• Working collaboratively and consulting with other teams, highlighting and escalating where there is mis-alignment when monitoring contract commitment vs releases,
• To monitor vendor & assembler performance (OTFR) and inform Sourcing and Supply Chain Planning teams to enable them to include this in vendor/assembler reviews
• You will implement and monitor all stock which is required to be returned to the vendor, liaising with the warehouse & vendors to ensure stock is sent/collected in a timely manner and understanding the impact on overall stockholding value
A BIT ABOUT YOU
• We would ideally like you to have a degree or equivalent in a related discipline
• You should have strong commercial awareness
• Strong problem solving, numeracy and analytical skills
• You will have the ability to prioritise & manage varied workload and deadlines
• Competent user of Excel
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Deep understanding of Supply Chain Planning principles
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We want to invest in you, to challenge you and help you develop an exciting and successful career. You will have the chance to be part of something ambitious, something innovative and have an impact on a global scale. With a competitive salary and personalized benefits package, you will join a diverse and passionate team who work with some of the world's most well-known brands.