About Global Brands
Global Brands is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance that aims to give WBA retail businesses as well as global partners a sustainable competitive advantage by combining great brands and innovative products with unparalleled commercial expertise and consumer insight. Global Brands is comprised of three pillars – Global Insights & Best Practice, Global Consumer Brands and Global Sourcing and Manufacturing - that work in close partnership together to ensure a collaborative, successful and truly global platform to give the businesses clear competitive advantages. Products in the Global Brands portfolio include Soltan, No 7, Well at Walgreens, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle and Boots Pharmaceuticals.
About Global Brands SupplyGlobal brands existing supply chain has been built off the back of the UK centric Boots UK supply chain and today consists of an increasingly complex blend of different supply chain processes and systems.
We have recognised the need to transform our supply chain capability over the next 2 years if we are to continue to provide our existing high standards of customer service, at the same time as enabling our future business growth ambition, and have embarked on an exciting programme of supply chain transformation.
We are based in Nottingham, UK with Regional offices in New York and Hong Kong and would love to hear from talented supply chain professionals who would like to join us on our transformation journey as we create a world class global supply chain capability for WBA
.Overview of the Role• The Assistant Supply Chain Operations Managers – Purchasing are responsible for placing and tracking Purchase Orders for all Global Brands products to support the Global Supply Plan
• They work closely with the Supply Chain Planning team to understand when order commitments need to be changed and implement such changes in a timely manner
• The role reports to the Supply Chain Operations Manager - Purchasing
Your responsibilities• To create, confirm and track Purchase Orders associated with Global Brands products (includes finished goods & components)
• To work closely with the Global Supply Chain Planning team to understand when order commitments need to be expedited, deferred or changed and ensure such changes are implemented in a timely manner, escalating any high priority changes to Sourcing teams
• To monitor contract commitment vs releases, consulting with Sourcing teams and informing the Supply Chain Planning team, highlighting and escalating where there is mis-alignment
• To monitor vendor performance (OTFR) and inform Sourcing and Supply Chain Planning teams to enable them to include this in vendor reviews
• To implement and monitor all stock which is required to be returned to the vendor, liaising with the warehouse & vendors to ensure stock is sent/collected in a timely manner and understanding the impact on overall stockholding value
• To demonstrate a good understanding of the end-to-end supply chain and understand how to leverage operational parameters to reflect business priorities and achieve optimum service and stockholding for the business. Develop contingency plans to appropriately manage business risk
Our Ideal Candidate• Ideally a degree or equivalent in a related discipline
• Strong commercial awareness
• Strong problem solving & numeracy skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to prioritise & manage varied workload and deadlines
• Competent user of Excel
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of Supply Chain purchasing principles
What’s in it for you?The successful applicant will join a vibrant team at the heart of purchasing for Global Brands supply chain, working in a dynamic and fast paced environment. They will work cross functionally with all areas of the wider Global Sourcing and Supply function.
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
To learn more about our functions, explore our brands and find opportun