Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
We currently have a brilliant opportunity for a Buyer - Healthcare.
Through understanding customer needs this role will identify and source new products and review existing to ensure commercially viable range of products that provide our customer with quality and value, whilst maintaining competitiveness and driving sales and profitability and overall commercial strategy.
Part of this role will include:
• Develop implement and deliver category plans including range reviews, promotions pricing and stock
• Developing and delivering profitable promotional plans
• Review and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, taking appropriate action where necessary, and sharing best practice with peers and other stakeholders
• Working in partnership with the Merchandising team, agree merchandising strategy
that drives and delivers right range in the right store; ensuring availability in store; and control of slow moving stock.
• Identify and implement new product opportunities that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability.
• Manage and review pricing, ensuring pricing that is competitive and maximises profitability.
• Working in conjunction with Supply Chain team, ensure base sales and promotional forecasts are adhered to, whilst maintaining in-store availability to meet the customers needs.
• Develop effective internal working relationships with cross functional team members to support and enhance category objectives and performance
• Develop build and maintain effective external relationships to enhance the Superdrug proposition and meet customer needs.
• Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business.
• Be a category expert – utilise and continually develop knowledge in category products, competitors and market activity to deliver increased category performance objectives.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Commercially aware with excellent ability to understand and interpret market information using numerical analytical skills.
• Customer focused.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels and solid negotiation skills.
• Project Management with excellent planning and organisation skills.
• Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, including presentations.
• Problem Solver with the ability to work under pressure and to deadline.
• Adaptable and flexible in approach as well as a strong team player.
Here’s what’s in it for you