Ann Summers is an iconic empire and multi-channel retailer. Our journey has been paved by the Golds and we've got one hell of a heritage to be proud of. 44 years, over 2 million Rampant Rabbits, 131 stores and we're still throwing 7,000 parties each week.
Our Headoffice is passionate about Ann Summers, and why wouldn't they be when our ultimate vision is to help every women in the world feel like the sexiest women in the world.
We are looking for a Buyer with passion for all things Ann Summers:
Summary of Key Activities:
* Ann Summers hand writing. Demonstrate a strong understanding of who the Ann Summers customer is and isn’t. Through product development and analysis of inspiration and competition Understands national and global markets and their impact on the brand.
* Trend ensure that latest trends are captured in all areas responsible for buying. Never missing a big trend that comes through. Demonstrate a constant awareness of new trends emerging from catwalk to celebs and key competitors/ social media. Work closely with the design team to deliver the key trends and colours
* Planning boxes demonstrate clear strategy and top-level thinking in planning the range with merchandising. Ensure that the thought process and plan for the range/ options is clear taking into account all factors profit, best and worst, new emerging trends
* Commercial awareness – sees the ‘big picture’ and shows appreciation of the wider business and acts accordingly. Uses knowledge of economic and social trends and make recommendations to senior management. Works on brand projects as required. Develops product – Proposes brand and product development outside own department, discusses ways to potentialize and presents to senior team. Spots any inconsistencies across departments that impact the brand and acts accordingly. Profit – runs projects cross functionally to drive profit, and generates ideas for brand strategy to increase profit.
* Builds the range, displays in depth understanding of merchandising, using and monitoring all financial tools available, challenging where appropriate. For see’s future changes in trend/ trading patterns. Takes a long-term view when planning, balancing short term trading with long term goals. Contributes to the strategic vision and plans for the brand.
* Critical path Be accountable for critical path and managing this on a weekly basis. Ensure the BD and BM sign off ranges and product styling on time.
* WHOLESALE maximise all opportunities with wholesale to increase orders and grow the business.
* Fight back against competitors: Gain market share and ensure we retain new customers. Keep up to date with latest ranges and offers within the competition how does what they do affect our decisions and actions. Win everyday market, fashion and bedroom (core focus customers) for lingerie
* Supplier Management – Contributes to brand supplier strategy. Ensures team is aware of the advantages of a broad supply base to enable them to trade effectively. Maximise contribution from technologist, using their expertise to keep ahead of the competition. Strives to improve product quality at all times developing and sourcing new procedures.
* Plans and prioritises time to support other teams as well as own. Manages balance between brand work and department. Manages self – known for adding value to the brand, challenges the way forward for buying and brand. Develops self – Proactively seeks new opportunities for development to deepen and broaden experience beyond the immediate job role.
* Take responsibility for own development, learning through observing and effective communication with the team. Always has a positive attitude. Training the team: Work closely with BAA to work on their development and objectives for the year.
* Stakeholder communication – communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders. Making sure you show awareness of the operational effect and impact of our decisions on other areas of the business and communicate accordingly.
* Meeting of the Company`s Values.
We are the company we are because we do everything we can to make every day fun whilst making a real difference to the sex lives of people around the world. We promise that when you work with us at Ann Summersit will be fun because if you are going to work for a living, it should be doing something you love so apply today and become part of the team that Love Work!
We regret that due to high volumes we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss the role and their experience further.
Ann Summers complies with all GDPR policies and by responding to this ad your details will be kept on record for a total of 6 months unless expressed otherwise.