The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Deploy of commodities strategy
Ensure project execution in line with QCD objectives
Pilot local contractual relationships with suppliers
· Identification of project and business needs
· Preparation and launch of Request For Quotation with suppliers using the standard tool
· Negotiation of cost reduction with suppliers
· Inputs provider/contributor for order placement
· Ensure QCD targets achievement, CONQ (Cost Of Non Quality) & claims management
· Lead supplier QCD performance reviews
· Management of initial issues before escalation to line manager
· Respect Alstom Transport code of ethics and guidelines
Commodity support on site:
· Consolidation of commodity needs
· Active participation to commodity strategy and panel elaboration
· Support of Commodity Manager in tender phase
· Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions.
· Effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem solving
· Apply the Alstom Sourcing processes, and provide return on experience.
Involvement in projects/tenders:
· Closely work with sourcing project/tender representatives (Project Sourcing Manager, Tender Sourcing Leader)
· Ensure work package commitment respect
· Ensure QCD targets