WHO ARE WE ?
Innovative? Customer Focused? Agile? Open and Engaging? Entrepreneurial?
The key attitudes and way we like to work at Saint-Gobain. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out more about the Buyer opportunity based from our Isover Insulation Plant in Runcorn.
What impact will you have in this role?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced purchasing professional to join our passionate and knowledgeable team as the Buyer working for Saint Gobain Professional Services. This exciting role will see you delivering an effective purchasing service for our Saint Gobain business mainly with raw materials, enabling a secure, cost-effective and responsible supply.
In the role as a Buyer you will be an active and visible presence in the organisation, building meaningful relationships which will allow you to;
• Manage a range of categories for purchasing - predominantly raw materials used for production
• Be responsible for sourcing
• Understands and applies a responsible sourcing approach so as to take into account social, environmental and ethical considerations and emulate best practice
• Negotiating with key suppliers - new and existing ones
• Get involved in various projects
• Support in creating an understanding of the key market drivers and trends
• Engage and communicate at all levels of the business and supply chain to build trust and credibility with key parties
What kind of person are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. In addition to the five Saint-Gobain attitudes we shared at the start, suitability for the role is always key; does the following criteria sound like you?
• A CIPS qualification preferable a Level 5 or working towards this
• We need someone who is able to prioritise own workloads to suit evolving business needs. Wants to gain experience in new areas of purchasing and is open to taking on additional responsibilities
• Category management
• A good eye for attention to detail
• Great negotiating experience within a purchasing background
• Great analytical skills
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including;
• Competitive salary and bonus 10%
• Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover increasing employer contributions with service
• Employee Recognition Scheme – Recognise & Reward
• Learning & development opportunities via our online portal from day one
• 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), rising to 34 days at five years’ service
• Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands!
• Share Scheme
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first – the production of glass on an industrial scale we have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employs 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of our well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Saint-Gobain Professional Services this is one of 34 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our Ambition as a business?
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to ‘Create great living places and improve people’s daily life’. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Do you want to be part of this vision? Click apply, we would love to hear from you.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.