Our client, a manufacturing business based in the North West is seeking a Buyer / Purchasing Manager to take the lead in the development and implementation of purchasing strategies for chemical raw materials as well as some indirect spend. The position will have responsibility for dealing with compliance with group policies and external regulations.
The Buyer will work closely with the supply chain and production planning department to ensure timely delivery according to production needs.
Candidate Requirements: -
• Previous purchasing experience with exposure to the chemical category r
• Strong negotiation skills
• Exceptional planning and organisation skills to allow the delivery of continuous supply of materials
• Outstanding communication and influencing skills capable of building effective working relationships
• Proven networking skills
• Degree educated
• Experience of strategic and tactical sourcing
• Exposure to SAP
• CIPS Qualifications
Salary £Excellent and dependant upon experience in addition to a benefits package which includes acces to share plans.