Based at Asda House in Leeds
We currently have a number of exciting Buying opportunities within the Core Grocery Trading team.
About the role:
Core Grocery sits at the heart of the Commercial function, delivering key basket essentials for our customers across the Rice & Pasta, Savoury & Canned, Cooking & Condiments, Desserts & Baking, Cereals and Hot Beverages Trading teams. As a Buyer within Core, you will work with household name brands such as Heinz, Nestle, Unilever and General Mills to deliver a market leading customer offer for Asda underpinned by great value. Alongside working with leading brands, you will also hold responsibility for own label development within your areas and for delivering Sales, Pricing and growth ahead of the market while helping to manage the category P&L.
The ins & outs:
* Negotiating and delivering business plans
* Understanding customers and implementing a strategy that suits their needs
* Developing own label ranges
* Delivering cost to serve programme with suppliers to ensure great value for our customers
* Understanding, tracking & negotiating around key commodities
What you’ll need:
* A proven track record in buying either working as a Buying Assistant, Assistant Buyer or Buyer
* Strong commercially aware and highly numerate individual
* To demonstrate a strong awareness of customer requirements, market trends and competitor ranges; identifying strategic opportunities and innovative product ideas
* The ability to manage and influence a diverse Branded and Own Label supplier base
* The ability to negotiate effectively
* The ability to work cross functionally and communicate well at all levels
Full Time / Part Time
Hours Per Week
(7.5 hrs = 1 day)
Days Shift Group
Join Asda and you won't just be part of a fast-paced culture. You'll be part of a mission to save our customers money every day. It's a simple idea that makes every minute of every day a real adventure. As well as outstanding development, there's the buzzing atmosphere you'd expect in a place where everyone works together because everyone counts.
About the Business Unit
About our Home Office We're very proud of our Yorkshire roots and Asda House, our Home Office, is still in Leeds. The teams at Asda House provide support to all of our stores nationally through many diverse roles. So in the queue for lunch at the onsite restaurant you might find a Buyer, a Solicitor, a Chartered Surveyor, a Project Manager, a Marketing Manager or an Accountant at any one time! There are a wide variety of different departments all working together to support our store colleagues who are out there on the front line, keeping our customers happy and saving them money every day.