For the role of Buyer Medical Services you will be responsible for ensuring that you contribute or manage a specialist category area and to support the Senior Buyer in the delivery of the category strategy through customer, supplier and wider stakeholder engagement
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Undertake market analysis to understand the size, technical details and product/procedure trends.
• Engage with clinical and procurement stakeholders to develop product specifications and local trust and regional (STP) category strategies.
• Develop detailed understanding of the clinical practices which drive product usage or influence the market
• Develop detailed product and market knowledge for a specific sub category or market area
• Develop strong working relationships with key suppliers in the category/sub category areas as part of the SRM strategy
• Utilize supplier and clinical relationships to understand new and emerging products and technologies. Be able to categorize these as iterative and transformational innovations.
• Understand the impact of products on the total cost of care and demonstrate benefit beyond variation in device unit price.
• Responsible for ensuring pricing between suppliers and NHS SC is correct and agreed. Maintain CARD and “golden pricing” document
• Review market pricing (PPIB/NHSSC pricing) for responsible areas and support development of strategies to drive price reduction
• Run pricing exercises to deliver value to the NHS and NHSE for both tariff and tariff excluded devices
• Support clinical councils and Device Working Groups in product specification development and product benchmarking
• Work with marketing and senior buyers and stakeholder manager to construct marketing campaign plans to drive adoption of HST as the preferred procurement route for the NHS using case studies and market evaluation of success
• Manage or coordinate the management of mini competitions, group buys and supplier offers
• Manage data in a methodical and systematic manner
• Manage tendering exercises through the OJEU process Construct product and service specifications for tender
• Be an active member of the Procurement team, supporting teamwork and joint learning and development initiatives
• Contribute to formulation, review and implementation of policies and procedures.
• Participate in projects and initiatives as appropriate.
• Assist in maintaining own and others’ Health, Safety and Security.
• Promote and behave in a way consistent with the Organisation’s Vision and Values
• Develop own knowledge and skills and provide information to others to help their development e.g. category or market area
• Promote and support people’s equality, diversity and rights
• Other duties within the general scope of the post and appropriate to the grading as may be required from time to
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Experience in commercial procurement environment
• MCIPS achieved or studying towards
• Lateral move to another area or Senior Buyer
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.