Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Interested in interfacing with major Equipment & Systems aeronautical players?
Interested to be an actor of the development of Airbus Digital Services ?
A vacancy for a Purchasing Manager Avionics System has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
This position offers opportunities to develop your procurement skills in a challenging technical context and a motivating human environment.
You will join the team in charge of Navigation, Communication and Surveillance systems, for the negotiation and management of contracts within Equipment & Systems Procurement. You will negotiate and manage contracts.
You will be responsible for the MFT alignment with Programs, Supply Chain, Engineering and Customer Services, for the purchased products in your perimeter.
You will be at the heart of how today’s and tomorrow’s cockpit could evolve towards more connectivity and autonomy, enabling new services and creating value for our Customers.
- The jobholder is responsible for the management of contracts within Equipment & Systems Procurement department throughout the full life cycle of the products.
He/she enforces compliance between contract terms & conditions and the activities conducted by the supplier and by Airbus.
The jobholder commits the Company by achieving the signature of purchase orders and/or contractual agreements in accordance with the applicable signature delegation rules and relevant powers of attorney.
- The jobholder manages the alignment across the different Company functions (mainly Programs, Supply Chain, Engineering and Customer Services) for purchased products within his/her perimeter.
- The jobholder ensures professional and trusting supplier relationship management with major aeronautical industry players and upholds the Company ethics and compliance standards in all his/her dealings
Sub-commodity Navigation systems (Flight Management System, Radio Navigation, Air data probes and inertials) with a main focus on Flight Management System developments across all the different Airbus commercial aircraft programs (Single Aisle, Long Range, A380, A350, A400M).
The role has a large number of interfaces including major multi-national suppliers and Airbus aircraft programs, Supply Chain, Design Offices, Customer Services, Quality, Finance, Costing and Legal teams.
The location is Colomiers France, with travels both nationally & internationally mainly for supplier meetings
Tasks & accountabilities
1. Business dimension:
- Working with representatives of other functions in accordance with business requirements to achieve the expected supply chain performance.
- Contributing to Equipment & Systems Procurement, Programmes and Services profitability
- Supporting the commodity by contributing to the definition of commodity strategy and ensuring that the associated action plan defined is implemented.
- Collaborating with suppliers and other Airbus functions to accelerate innovations bringing value and differentiation for our customers through workshops aimed at fostering stakeholders alignment
- Proactively managing supply chain risks and deviations/litigations by taking appropriate actions to protect Airbus' interest.
2. Procurement dimension:
- Being accountable for the implementation of the Equipment & Systems Procurement processes and policies and contributes to Equipment & Systems Procurement profitability.
- Initiating, planning and executing cost reduction campaigns and projects in close cooperation with the Multi-Functional Team.
- Being in charge of the contract management, performs regular contract reviews in order to guarantee compliance between contract terms & conditions and the activities conducted by the supplier.
- Running call for tender processes for supplier selection, negotiating changes requests, managing corresponding approval and authorization processes and ensuring associated ordering.
- Supporting the definition and implementation of supplier rating and development programs and ensuring appropriate follow-up of development measures.
- Working with Customer services to understand customer feedback and expectations on products within your perimeter.
- Managing supplier performance with regards to in service events within your perimeter.
- Working with Customer services representatives to define and implement Airbus aftermarket strategy for your perimeter, enabling new services and creating value for our Customers
- Working to secure a contractual framework in line with Airbus Product Data strategy to maximize value behind a more connected and autonomous aircraft.
- Efficient, consistent and trusting relationships built with key stakeholders (Suppliers, Programs, Design Offices, Customer Services, Legal, Finance)
- Equipment & Systems delivered on time, on quality and on cost in his/her perimeter.
- Effective negotiation and implementation of cost reduction programs
- Supplier selection in line with commodity strategy and Company standards
- Contractual agreements, up-to-date and compliant with the Procurement Policies for all Equipment & Systems in his/her perimeter.
- Contractualization of design changes at the optimum price.
- Supplier risks and issues management.
- Supplier rating reflecting the actual performance of the supplier.
- Sub-Commodity strategy action plans implemented
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and experience:
- Educated to 5-year degree level in Engineering or Business school.
- Efficiency in project management
- Effective negotiator with proven commercial and contractual background and legal awareness
- Know-how of the Systems & Equipment market and supplier strategies of your perimeter
- Knowledge of aircraft services business and data ownership & strategy is desirable
- Knowledge of airline operations or an experience in customer support would be valuable assets.
- Knowledge and interest regarding new technologies and their evolution
- Proven in communication, especially with supplier representatives (persuasion & influencing skills, decision making ability, and a pro-active approach to problem solving)
- Effective management of customer expectations and stakeholders (Ability to work with proactivity, flexibility and assertiveness to strict timescales as part of an integrated multidisciplinary team)
- Display authentic leadership behaviour and values that people and teams want to follow
- Creative , Proactive in Challenging statu quo through your ability to propose new ways of working
- Negotiation level of English and a working knowledge of French is required
- The willingness to occasionally travel both nationally & internationally.