Our client, a leading UK retailer, is currently seeking an established Buyer to join their head office team on a permanent basis, based in Dorset.
Success in this role will require exceptional buying experience - strong negotiation and supplier management skills and a high commercial acumen. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing existing, established ranges as well as developing and sourcing new ranges through research of the market. An analytical mindset with the ability to manage pricing and promotional activity within a given category is a must along with direct people management experience.
• Manage range reviews that will ensure best range offer to customers, constantly developing and renewing offer
• Develop promotional calendar to drive volume sales whilst considering pricing and seasonal campaigns
• Constantly identify opportunities to develop own brand offer
• Identify new product development and concepts within the specific category as well as opportunities for the wider business
• Regularly identify opportunities for continuous improvement - identifying supply chain efficiences and supplier rationalization activities
• Manage existing supplier base whilst sourcing new suppliers across the UK and wider EU area - using strong negotiation skills
• Attend business events to stay abreast of the industry, seeking out new opportunities to develop ranges and stay on top of industry trends
• Coach and develop direct reports
Ideal candidate requirements:
• Retail buying experience essential - minimum 3 years
• Experience in developing high SKU level ranges
• Proven commercial experience of setting pricing and promotional activity
• People management experience
Salary of up to £40,000 for the right candidate + benefits.
Please note that we can only assist candidates who are eligible to work in the EU or hold the relevant visas.
It is with regret, that due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted.