ArcelorMittal is the world's leading steel and mining company, with a presence in more than 60 countries and an industrial footprint in over 20 countries. Guided by a philosophy to produce safe, sustainable steel, we are the leading supplier of quality steel in the major global steel markets including automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging, with world-class research and development and outstanding distribution networks.
Through our core values of sustainability, quality and leadership, we operate responsibly with respect to the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, contractors and the communities in which we operate.
For us, steel is the fabric of life, as it is at the heart of the modern world from railways to cars and washing machines. We are actively researching and producing steel-based technologies and solutions that make many of the products and components we use in our everyday lives more energy-efficient.
We are one of the world’s five largest producers of iron ore and metallurgical coal and our mining business is an essential part of our growth strategy. With a geographically diversified portfolio of iron ore and coal assets, we are strategically positioned to serve our network of steel plants and the external global market. While our steel operations are important customers, our supply to the external market is increasing as we grow.
In 2015, ArcelorMittal had revenues of US$63.6 billion and crude steel production of 92.5 million tonnes, while own iron ore production reached 62.8 million tonnes.
ArcelorMittal is listed on the stock exchanges of New York (MT), Amsterdam (MT), Paris (MT), Luxembourg (MT) and on the Spanish stock exchanges of Barcelona, Bilbao, Madrid and Valencia (MTS).
For more information about ArcelorMittal please visit: http://corporate.arcelormittal.com
As a global player and buyer of goods and services, European Procurement Organisation leverages technical excellence to develop best TCO solutions to secure the ArcelorMittal's supply chain, while providing efficient and reliable services to internal customers commonly called "Users". EPO negotiates the purchases contracts of products and services for the group mills worldwide, designing and implementing relevant strategies to anticipate market evolutions and establish transformation programs. Part of ArcelorMittal Europe, EPO's operational scope is also either global or regional depending on the category of purchased products and services.
The mission as a buyer is to:
- Actively participate in the strategic procurement activities for subcategory of spend in a hub.
- Build transparency of subcategory spend in a hub and drive cost reduction.
- Work closely with Lead Users in sites across a hub to endure effective strategic procurement and business continuity across every site.
- Work closley with Lead Buyers in conducting research on supply markets, price benchmarks, and supplier profiles.
Perimeter of influence (business unit, sub unit, plant, department, etc.) Explain briefly
Main accountabilities/key objectives
- Execute supplier selection, negotiation, and contracting in a hub
- Develop and maintain supplier profiles: manage supplier relationship and monitor contract compliance
- Deliver savings and subcategory / hub KPI tagrgets and assist Lead Buyers with necessary analyses:
*Spend data analysis and basic financial analyses
*Category strategy development (e.g. supply market research, price benchmarks)
*Supplier profile maintenance
- Achieve effective procurement and business continuity by cooperation with Lead Users accross sites in a hub
- Participate in transversal working groups in a hub focused on back-office process standardisation, and establishment of procedures / compliance
- Participate in project teams and local working groups on MD harmonization and P2P automation
To work joinly with the team members from Hubs and central teams
Education & experience
- Master's or BA required
- Technical background and / or engineering experience
- Successful track record in Procurement / no previous experience in procurement
- 1-3 years of financial analysis experience preffered
Typical career path
We offer an attractive 5-level career path with continous development opportunities, accredited procurement qualifications and international assignment opportunities within EPO and ArcelorMittal.
Career path: Buyer with 3 levels (Junior Buyer, Buyer, Senior Buyer) and Lead Buyer with 2 levels (Lead Buyer, Senior Lead Buyer).
Typical next jobs :
- Senior Buyer / Lead Buyer in the same category
- Buyer / Senior Buyer in a different category
- Hub-Coordinator / Head of Sub-Category
Specific Skills & Responsibilities (extent to which specilfic skills for the location are required, e.g. language skills)
Technical: Problem-solving and analytical skills, Project management skills, Strong negotiation skills, Targeted systems knowledge, Knowledge of contracts
Behavioural: Strong leadership skills and presence, Superior communication / interpersonal skills, Passion for finding information on innovative industry trends
Language skills: English (business proficiency), French (fluent), additional European languages - appreciated
Soft-skills: Able to work under deadline pressure, abilty to manage the change and result-oriented
International Role (extent to which inter-cultural skills are required)
As the perimeter is highly international, this position requests communication with foreign interlocutors. Therefore, language skills and cultural sensitivity are needed in order to guarantee the required level of performance expected for this position.
Minimum Applicant Attribute
Education / Qualification: Master – Engineering
Language Proficiency Level