Buyer in Equipment & Systems Procurement(m/f)
Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Mettre en place les activités de Procurement (Achats) liées à un ou plusieurs produits/packages/fournisseurs, fixer le cadre contractuel des fournisseurs avec la Société et obtenir les meilleures conditions d'achat pour la Société.
Contribuer aux activités de sourcing, gérer les appels d'offre et la négociation des contrats afin d'obtenir les meilleures conditions d'achat en accord avec les exigences de la Société. - Assurer le suivi du contrat (pendant les phases d'innovation, de développement, de production série et de support) auprès des fournisseurs et des partenaires internes à la Société afin d'assurer l'application complète des conditions et des modalités du contrat pendant toute sa durée et garantir que les livrables fournis par les prestataires sont en tous points conformes aux performances attendues (logistique, support, qualité, coût...) - Gérer au quotidien les relations avec les fournisseurs et les projets en cours afin d'optimiser la valeur pour le client, tout en minimisant le TCO (coût de propriété total) et les risques. - Participer aux MFT/MDT (équipes multi-fonctionnelles/multi- divisionnelles) tout au long des phases d'appel d'offre, de négociation et d'exécution du contrat.
Tasks & accountabilities
1. Business dimension:
- Working with representatives of other functions in accordance with business requirements to achieve the expected supply chain performance.
- Contributing to Equipment & Systems Procurement, Programmes and Services profitability
- Supporting the commodity by contributing to the definition of commodity strategy and ensuring that the associated action plan defined is implemented.
- Collaborating with suppliers and other Airbus functions to accelerate innovations bringing value and differentiation for our customers through workshops aimed at fostering stakeholders alignment
- Proactively managing supply chain risks and deviations/litigations by taking appropriate actions to protect Airbus' interest.
2. Procurement dimension:
- Being accountable for the implementation of the Equipment & Systems Procurement processes and policies and contributing to Equipment & Systems Procurement profitability.
- Initiating planning and executing cost reduction campaigns and projects in close cooperation with the Multi-Functional Team.
- Being in charge of the contract management, performs regular contract reviews in order to guarantee compliance between contract terms & conditions and the activities conducted by the supplier.
- Running call for tender processes for supplier selection, negotiating changes requests, managing corresponding approval and authorization processes and ensuring associated ordering.
- Supporting the definition and implementation of supplier rating and development programs and ensuring appropriate follow-up of development measures.
3. Services dimension:
- You will work with Customer services to understand customer feedback and expectations on products within your perimeter.
- Manage supplier performance with regards to in service events within your perimeter.
- Work with Customer services representatives to define and implement Airbus aftermarket strategy for your perimeter, enabling new services and creating value for our Customers
- Work to secure a contractual framework in line with Airbus Product Data strategy to maximize value behind a more connected and autonomous aircraft.
- Efficient, consistent and trusting relationships built with key stakeholders (Suppliers, Programs, Design Offices, Customer Services, Legal, Finance)
- Equipment & Systems delivered on time, on quality and on cost in his/her perimeter.
- Effective negotiation and implementation of cost reduction programs
- Supplier selection in line with commodity strategy and Company standards
- Contractual agreements, up-to-date and compliant with the Procurement Policies for all Equipment & Systems in your perimeter.
- Contractualization of design changes at the optimum price.
- Supplier risks and issues management.
- Supplier rating reflecting the actual performance of the supplier.
- Sub-Commodity strategy action plans implemented
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and experience:
- Educated to 5-year degree level in Engineering or Business school.
- Efficiency in project management
- Effective negotiator with proven commercial and contractual background and legal awareness
- Know-how of the Systems & Equipment market and supplier strategies of his/her perimeter
- Knowledge of aircraft services business and data ownership & strategy is desirable
- Knowledge of airline operations or an experience in customer support would be valuable assets.
- Knowledge and interest regarding new technologies and their evolution
- Proven in communication, especially with supplier representatives (persuasion & influencing skills, decision making ability, and a pro-active approach to problem solving)
- Effective management of customer expectations and stakeholders (Ability to work with proactivity, flexibility and assertiveness to strict timescales as part of an integrated multidisciplinary team)
- Display authentic leadership behaviour and values that people and teams want to follow
- Creative , Proactive in Challenging statu quo through her/his ability to propose new ways of working
- Negotiation level of English and a working knowledge of French is required
- The willingness to occasionally travel both nationally & internationally.