Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
Drinks Buying Assistant
Trading (based in Burton office)
About the role:
· Data focused, analytical role, with a high level of competency using excel
· Primarily responsible for ensuring that pricing information is accurately received and input onto our various systems in a timely manner
· Great attention to detail and a methodical approach are required, as is the ability to work within the Drinks category team and cross-functionally across Greene King Business Units (Central Database, Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance)
· Burton office based with support and cover for all category buyers who may be travelling / working in trade
· Implementation of price changes from suppliers of all drinks across the group
· Maintenance of accurate price data on Aurora and standard costing systems
· Communication of price changes in a timely manner
· Management of retros built into transfer pricing
· Processing of invoice queries and credit claims from suppliers
· Managing price queries from all Finance Teams
· Management of HM Customs duty change implementations on an annual basis
New Product and Supplier Set-up
· Responsibility for the system set-up of new drinks in all supply chains with Central Inventory
· Maintenance of the Liquor Product Workflow system used to communicate new product information across the business
· Liaising with suppliers to ensure deadlines are met
· Liaising with Marketing around new menu launches and product promotions to ensure smooth transitions and drinks roll out
· Producing supplier volume reports on an accurate and timely basis
· Price analysis reporting
· Pricing System development
· Buying panel maintenance
· A self-motivated individual who is able to maintain pace and accuracy in a dynamic environment and team
· Helps influence others and help manage project work where necessary
· Strong team player to work within the Category Team, and across the rest of Greene King
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business
· A competent administrator who has excellent IT skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
What can we offer you?
Greene King Locals