Buying Assistant – General Merchandise (GM) Essentials
Based at Asda House in Leeds
We have an exciting opportunity for a Buying/ Trading Assistant to join our team! This is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced area in the GM Essentials buying team. The successful candidate will play a key part in achieving our sales and profit targets for the year. GM Essentials is a wide ranging category, covering Batteries, Lightbulbs, Electrical Hardware, Impulse and DIY, which makes this an extremely important part of the business.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the Buyer in all areas, including sales tracking and analysis.
- Keeping the admin up to date, including line listing, cost and retail changes, linksave set up and analysis.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure that they keep to deadlines and tasks.
- Inputting into decisions on ranges and promotions.
- Answering and resolving store/supplier queries
- Maintenance of pricing instore & online
- Raising and reconciling of internal and external invoices to the category
- Assisting the Buyer with competitor research and the day to day trading of your category
You will -
- Have good IT skills, particularly Excel
- Have a good level of numeracy skills, and be able to analyse complex data
- Be a well motivated self starter
- Be able to work alone or as part of a team
- Have great attention to detail
- Brilliant time-management, organisation and communication skills
- Passion for the customer
You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which includes a colleague discount off your shopping, share save scheme & competitive pension. We also like to share our success; after all you made it happen, so every eligible colleague is also part of the Asda bonus scheme. The development opportunities are endless and we’ll support you every step of the way to help further your career in buying.