An enterprise-wide Global Process model is in place to drive consistency, accountability and authority across GSKs Global Processes to maximize the benefits from the organisations strategic investments in the global systems that underpin these global processes.
The BG&S GPO has single accountability for the global Strategy, Design, Governance and Improvement roadmap of the end to end BG&S process. The process impacts 700 Procurement employees, 10,000 employees and 40,000 suppliers across Sourcing, Third Part Oversight, Supplier Relationship Management, Master Data, Requisition, Purchase Order, Invoice and Payment processes.
• Align end to end process strategy with GSK’s One Company & Three business strategies as well as GSK’s Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities.
• Accountable for the design and implementation of the end to end process that enables the organisation to improve efficiency, meet GSK’s ‘Making it Easier’ ambitions and exceed best in class Key Performance Indicators.
• Accountable for design of the balanced control and compliant framework for their end to end Process.
• Lead the BG&S Process Steering Committee, bringing alignment across the SVPs in Procurement, Finance, GEC and Tech.
• Use external benchmarks and best practice trends to define the long-term GSK-wide process vision (systems, operations and KPIs) for the process in the short, medium and long-term, aligned with Procurement Finance, GEC and Tech.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 3rd August 2018
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application
• University degree (BSc or equivalent)
• Knowledge of Procurement, supply chain and P2P processes is necessary to provide subject matter credibility with stakeholders, and to develop appropriate solutions
• Broad knowledge across the end-to-end Source to Settle processes.
• Experience in designing, setting the vision for, tracking the business case and overseeing the implementation of ERP functionality in Procurement and Finance.
• Experience leading multi-functional teams of 20+ people within a matrix environment – including managing exec-level stakeholders.
• Track record in identifying, prioritising and delivering performance KPIs in the Procurement and Finance domains.
• Sound understanding of process simplification and standardisation and proven experience in global process roll-out.
• Experience delivering Procurement and Finance process transactions in multiple industries, including Pharmaceutical.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to work flexibly within a matrix team.
• Be able to effectively communicate and partner with senior management (i.e., SVP level and above)
• Be able to advocate and influence at senior levels
• Be able to network effectively both internally and externally
• Be able to communicate the technically complex simply
• Ability to communicate and work with both business and technical resources to ensure delivery of desired process outcomes
• Operational experience in finance / supply chain / procurement / risk as appropriate
• Demonstrable ability to analyse and design business processes and identification of efficiencies/improvements
• Experience in developing and executing standard processes across a global organisation
• Sound influencing, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
• Strong communication and documentation skills including coordination skills, good personal presentation, oral and written communication skills
• Experience of negotiation and managing conflicts
• Ability to influence others and broker mutually acceptable solutions
• Ability to operate across wide variety of levels within the organisation, between detailed hands on operators within the business units through to senior executives
• Ability to think strategically at an operating model level as well as at a detailed process specific level
• Knowledge of role design / segregation of duties and internal control requirements
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.