Reporting to the Senior Buying Manager, you will initially be responsible for the category strategies and sourcing of a diverse portfolio of packaging components and/or sub-assemblies(eg. Glass, Lipsticks, Mascaras, Compacts and Print) for some of our biggest brands.
Acting as an ambassador for the Commodities Sourcing Team: you will bring knowledge, insight and expertise to a wide variety of customers and people across the business.
Here at Walgreens Boots Alliance - Global Brands we believe in being pioneering, inspirational and connecting with people. Our unique business model places the consumer at the heart of everything we do, with real-time insights that are transformed into thousands of products and brands to help consumers lead happier and healthier lives. With a portfolio of brands that includes No7, Liz Earle Beauty Co., Soap & Glory and YourGoodSkinÔ, we touch the lives of millions all over the world.
- You will develop and lead sourcing and categories strategies for direct materials (raw materials or packaging).
- Identify manage and deliver a pipeline of cost reduction initiatives.
- Lead strategic negotiations and implement contracts and agreements to reduce risk and create value.
- Develop business insight through analysis of commodity data: track, understand and predict commodity price movements (resins, metals, oil) and articulate the effect on components and WBA products.
- Translate supplier and commodity insight into cost models which enable ‘value’ creation.
- Develop and own yearly budgeting process for assigned categories.
- Identify, create and deliver ongoing continuous improvement for internal procedure and processes.
- You will build and develop global supply chains to support our international growth plans and ensure best advantage is extracted from a global supply base.
- You will manage and develop a small team (initially an Assistant Buying Manager) for the delivery of the above activities.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- You will have extensive experience in a commercial environment and in a sourcing / purchasing team, ideally in a blue chip or market leading business of significant size.
- Demonstrated sourcing delivery in a direct purchasing environment ideally managing a complex portfolio of components, raw ingredients, sub-assemblies or finished products.
- Previous experience managing people is seen as an advantage, especially within cross functional or matrix teams.
- Proven demonstrable core buying skills (negotiation, category, spend and supplier management)
- You will ideally have‘degree’ level education (BA, BSc / MSci) in a commercial or scientific / pseudo-scientific discipline. CIPS educated or working towards CIPS is an advantage.
- If you are fluent in a second language this will be advantageous (eg French, German)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We want to invest in you, to challenge you and help you develop an exciting and successful career. You will have the chance to be part of something ambitious, something innovative and have an impact on a global scale. With a competitive salary and personalized benefits package, you will join a diverse and passionate team who work with some of the world's most well-known brands.
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.