Buying Manager – Medicines, Healthcare
Based at Asda House in Leeds
About the role:
As the Medicines Buying Manager, you will be involved in buying a growth
category which is performing ahead of the business. And as part of the
Healthcare trading team, you will also be working in an area that truly helps
our customers Save Money and Live Better.
You will be working with well-known global companies such as Reckitt Benckiser
and GSK, as well as developing great own label products with key supplier
partners. You will look for opportunities across the business to drive our
Medicines performance. You will also have to manage and develop a team to
deliver sales, profit and market share growth.
This role would suit a Buying Manager looking for a category they can take to
the next level, and who wants to develop their people management skills.
The ins and outs:
* Delivering the business plans
* Understanding customers and implementing a strategy that suits their needs
* Leading on product development, range change, price position and promotions
* Negotiating with suppliers to keep costs down for our customers, whilst at
the same time driving quality improvements
* Understanding, tracking & negotiating around key commodities
* Influencing internally for feature & space to grow developing categories
* You will also be responsible for developing 2 Buyers
What you’ll need:
* A proven track record in buying at Buying Manager level
* To demonstrate a strong awareness of customer requirements, market trends
and competitor ranges; identifying strategic opportunities and innovative
* The ability to manage and influence a diverse Branded and Own label supplier
* The ability to negotiate effectively
* Strong analytical abilities and sound commercial awareness
* The ability to work cross functionally and communicate well at all levels
Fixed Term / Temporary
Full Time / Part Time
Hours Per Week
(7.5 hrs = 1 day)
Days Shift Group
Join Asda and you won't just be part of a fast-paced culture. You'll be part of a mission to save our customers money every day. It's a simple idea that makes every minute of every day a real adventure. As well as outstanding development, there's the buzzing atmosphere you'd expect in a place where everyone works together because everyone counts.
About the Business Unit
About our Home Office We're very proud of our Yorkshire roots and Asda House, our Home Office, is still in Leeds. The teams at Asda House provide support to all of our stores nationally through many diverse roles. So in the queue for lunch at the onsite restaurant you might find a Buyer, a Solicitor, a Chartered Surveyor, a Project Manager, a Marketing Manager or an Accountant at any one time! There are a wide variety of different departments all working together to support our store colleagues who are out there on the front line, keeping our customers happy and saving them money every day.