Our client, a Berkshire based food business, is seeking a motivated Buyer to join their commercial team.
This is an exciting time to join this ever growing food organisation, with a recent rebranding and existing plans for it's future development; it’s the perfect opportunity for somebody looking to advance their buying career in the food industry.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for managing and sourcing a portfolio of suppliers for a particular categories. This will include sourcing products to specification; supplier selection; minimising waste and providing proactive communication to ensure maximised selling prices.
• Sourcing new suppliers
• Managing supplier performance
• Negotiate with suppliers whilst building long term relationships
• Manage and report performance against targets/KPIs/budgets on a regular basis
• Drive continuous improvements in all aspects of the procurement and supply process
• Experience working in food buying – 3-4 years minimum experience
• Strong negotiation skill set
• Highly analytical mindset
• Degree educated (or equivalent)
• CIPS desirable
• Competitive salary
• Competitive benefits package + company car/car allowance
RoCHe Recruitment Solutions specialises in Supply Chain opportunities. Please note that we can only assist candidates who are eligible to work in the EU or hold the relevant visas.
It is with regret, that due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted.