• Procurement experience
• Knowledge of Utilities and/or Energy management
• High levels of drive and motivation
• Degree qualified within relevant subject
• CIPS full or part-qualified
• Project and change management experience
• Knowledge of relevant global supply markets
• Expertise in manufacturing processes or regulatory requirements
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
GSK annual spend on Utilities is £180m. The global Utilities markets are volatile and require active control and management. This position is tasked to partner and align with the end to end supply chain, defining business requirements for a world class supply base for provision of high quality services.
• Overall responsibility and ownership of regional supply contracts in Asia Pacific and South America for electricity, gas and oil
• Stakeholder management and leadership, ensuring understanding of key market factors in relation to the timing of supply tenders in this price-volatile marketplace
• Bringing innovation to regional teams and driving savings delivery both now and in the future
• Leading regional risk management meetings and representing Global Utilities as appropriate
• Financial and technical support on global energy efficiency projects. Drive renewable energy procurement strategy for these regions
• Full project management of the Utilities ‘Supply Chain Energy Optimization’ program, providing real and intelligence-led data to commodity teams, driving negotiations with suppliers
• Working with external vendors to manage energy efficiency events, ensuring business case for goods cost reduction is delivered
• Supplier Relationship Management for the Utilities market intelligence vendors
Other responsibilities include:
• Ensure regional risk policies are adhered to, communicated and updated
• Lead Category Council preparation, including analysis of current and future energy prices, volatility, market intelligence and business cases for new projects
• Support the global category managers with existing and new energy projects, including financial analysis, funding models and business cases