Our Mobile Commercial Team are in search of a Category Development Manager to support longer term planning within the Mobile Category teams ensuring customers and colleagues are at the heart of everything we do. Brings together the different functions to build a joined-up Mobile trading plan and support the delivery of best in class inputs into the business planning processes.
• Own the Mobile Commercial Quarterly Planning calendar and process that ensures we meet all the business and supplier critical deadlines and build a customer centric trading strategy that meets all our commercial objectives
• Manage the quarterly Mobile Commercial SLT alignment session to establish early alignment across teams and set clear expectations for the quarter.
• Ensure that other Commercial planning meetings take place in line with the calendar, ensures cascade of relevant follow-up actions and constructively challenges teams in the meetings to ensure we stick to our core objectives for the quarter.
• Have oversight of the end-to-end Mobile trading plan and able to highlight key challenges & interdependencies to line manager and Mobile SLT
• Work with the Go To Market Planning team to collate Mobile inputs into the wider business planning meetings
• Keep the process under regular review to ensure we are working Clearer, Simpler & Faster wherever possible
• Support the category teams with their planning through knowledge of customer and market trends, analysis of previous year’s performance and understanding of commercial strategy & priorities
• Support the Category Director & Mobile Senior Leadership team with presentations & collation of weekly/monthly updates
• Conduct regular store visits and share colleague/customer feedback and actionable insights with the category teams
You Will Need:
• Category management/trading/marketing experience in FMCG/electricals or related retail business
• Knowledge or experience of the Mobile Phone market (Desirable)
• Experience of project management and managing cross-functional teams
• Strong working knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint
• To Be confident presenting and influencing internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.