The Category Management Insights and Planning Manager role sits within the Category Re Profiling team within the WBA Global Brands – Global Insights function. The CRP team play a pivotal role in supporting our UK and International retail businesses translate customer based insights into an optimised customer offer. Working with a team of CRP coaches and analysts/auditor you will be responsible with your team for delivering the insights and tools in support of commercial decision-making in WBA Retail businesses primarily, but not exclusively, in the UK. We are looking for a high calibre candidate who can lead and inspire others to deliver great insights to drive performance improvement in our businesses, who is also a person who can develop others whilst being a collaborative business partner.
Here at Walgreens Boots Alliance - Global Brands we believe in being pioneering, inspirational and connecting with people. Our unique business model places the consumer at the heart of everything we do, with real-time insights that are transformed into thousands of products and brands to help consumers lead happier and healthier lives. With a portfolio of brands that includes No7, Liz Earle Beauty Co., Soap & Glory and YourGoodSkinÔ, we touch the lives of millions all over the world.
With your project portfolio planning skills, and partner and relationship management prowess you will ensure resources are planned effectively to deliver each WBA retail business CRP programmes. As a leader, you will coach, motivate and develop your team to deliver to the agreed programme schedules working in close collaboration with peer coaches and other GI partners. You will be responsible for the delivery of commercial insight, and business awareness and understanding is vital.
Your specific responsibilities will be :
• Performance leadership of a team of up to 5 people including assistants and analysts
• Leading the team to deliver right first time, on time, routine and bespoke category insight packs, decision support tools for Boots UK and International retail businesses. These are then used to inform coach led workshops designed to support categories’ decisions on price, promotion, range, distribution and supplier negotiation tactics.
• Working with key stakeholders and insight partners to develop and manage BUK and International CRP schedules including : CRP resource scheduling (coaches/analysts/assistants), Category scheduling-including effective trade off management, Programme risk and issue management
• First tier technical support management and escalation, technical risk and issue governance.
• Best Practice development and maintenance, including automation and process improvement and mentoring others in delivery of best practice.
• CRP lead for ; key data process governance with partner teams ; specification of CRP technical process and tool developments, testing and implementation, working in collaboration with partner teams (CRP coaches/analysts and development teams)
A bit about you
Of graduate calibre, ideally in a numerate or business discipline, you will have:
• track record of line management, mentoring or developing others
• strong planning and project management capability, combined with
• positive relationship management, interpersonal and influencing skills
• advanced excel skills including capability with macros and data auditing and checking, demonstrating a keen eye for detail and accuracy
• strong SQL skills/logic skills (preferable)
• experience in a commercial or retail analytics area which showcases your ability to develop and craft a narrative from analysis and insights, with a high degree of customer focus and an ability to coach others to do same
• an interest in retail and category management and the retail levers of price, promotion, assortment and merchandising, suppliers and negotiation
What we can offer you
We want to invest in you, to challenge you and help you develop an exciting and successful career. You will have the chance to be part of something ambitious, something innovative and have an impact on a global scale. With a competitive salary and personalized benefits package, you will join a diverse and passionate team who work with some of the world's most well-known brands.
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
To learn more about our functions, explore our brands and find opportunities all over the globe please visit: https://globalbrandscareers.wba.com/