• Close business relationships forged with specialised supplier network
• Forming win-win partnerships with others. Showing how a plan or strategy can be mutually advantageous to gain cooperation. Overcoming objections and progressing business objectives.
• Ability to obtain appropriate market intelligence, analyse and provide concise updates to key stakeholders.
• Ensure effective communication and relationship development with R & D teams, commercial and procurement personnel, business stakeholders and the supply base.
• Experience in facilitating groups of individuals to create solutions and delivering continuous improvement programmes
• Able to deal with ambiguity and work within a complex matrix organisation
• Procurement experience and an understanding of commodities
• Educated to Degree level
• Expertise in manufacturing processes and regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of relevant global supply markets
• Technical understanding of supply base manufacturing processes; ability to understand complex technical product issues
• Knowledge of Six & Lean Sigma, OE Capability Knowledge of Six & Lean Sigma and OE Capability. Ability to apply to the supply base where necessary
Working with our Pharmaceutical Franchises we are looking for a Category Manager to work within a highly complex, competitive environment to define the business requirements for a world class supply base.
The role will concentrate in four key areas;
• Support the delivery of innovation through New Product Initiatives (Launches)
• Support market access through strategic supplier sourcing
• Contribute to product pipeline through supplier sourced innovation
• Improve cost and margin via Portfolio Optimisation, Gross margin improvement etc
Specific Objectives include to:
• Run the Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) Reduction programme management, including design and delivery of the annual COGS event(s)
• Develop a communication plan and WOW to engage with Production Procurement / Regional NPI Teams to ensure robust launches
• Source new and novel raw materials / components for new product launches
• Work closely with Business Development and Commodity Teams to drive more Innovation from the supplier base
• Ensure smooth handover between to either Regional or Commodity Procurement Teams at the appropriate time, usually launch to launch +1 year – optimise the deployment of Procurement Excellence and de-risking programme through the launch of new products
• Work with other New Product Supply Commodity Managers to share best practice across Categories / Franchises
• Accountable for communicating and ensuring adherence to 1st Intent strategies (developed by Commodity Teams) for R & D teams
• Influence Supply Chain and commercial stakeholders to become advocates of Production Procurement and secure credibility through demonstrated delivery and win-win partnerships
• Support cross-Production Procurement de-risking projects as appropriate
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We employ more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccines and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products every year.