An exciting opportunity for a senior assistant category manager to progress and join the computing team working with Apple.
The Category Manager will work with the senior category manager to develop and implement the category plan to deliver the sales, margin and stock budgets. Working with Apple to develop marketing leading promotional plans whilst managing stock effectively. The role will also be focussed on new launches encompassing online, instore and ATL
• Establish credible relationship with Apple to ensure, best supply and market leading promotions
• Be aware of market activity and continually using this information to ensure that the category is performing
• Responsible for developing category/marketing plans to justify marketing monies
• Work side by side with the merchandisers to ensure all metrics are hit across sales and stock
You will need:
• Relationship management skills
• High level of creativity and resilience
• Good numerical and analytical skills to be capable of monitoring market changes, competitor prices and products, and past sales patterns to forecast demand
• Developed negotiation and influencing skills
• Precise judgment and strong decision-making skills to enable the right actions for the category
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of presenting within senior forums
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel and powerpoint
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.