Our client, a leading food business, is currently looking for a Category Manager to join their Commercial team on a permanent basis.
The role has responsibility for managing a food category using insight expertise to ensure the best possible range is on offer to a variety of channels. Success in this role will require a great deal of tenacity, a very strong commercial acumen and the ability to present to and influence senior management and key stakeholders.
- Analyse key range reviews across the category, aligned with the Buying and NPD teams
- Analyse category performance to implement change to drive sales and profit
- Ensure the potential cost to the business of product decisions is measured
- Drive opportunities via multiple stakeholders to maximise profit
- Work alongside Buyers to ensure that a value, core and premium approach is applied to ranging
- Complete regular updates and reports and ensure they’re completed effectively and distributed
- Review the activity KPI’s to ensure applicable financial targets are met
- Drive commercial understanding of promotional and brand activity and propose adjustments to activity plans
- Distribute category insight with key suppliers and stakeholders
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Business and/or Marketing fields
- Category management experience within a food background and a passion for this sector
- Advanced IT skills including Excel
- Commercially numerate and astute with the ability to take data and interpret this to deliver actionable insight
- Experienced in managing NPD
- Track record in delivering improved sales & profit through effective category management
- Use of category management to deliver results
- Detailed knowledge of sales, profit & margin drivers and how to affect these
- Strong communication and presentation skills to ensure analysis can be clearly articulated
- Stakeholder management and negotiation skills, with peers and senior members of the company
The role is based West of London and is offering a highly competitive £package + car allowance and benefits.
RoCHe Recruitment Solutions specialises in Supply Chain opportunities. Please note that we can only assist candidates who are eligible to work in the EU or hold the relevant visas.
It is with regret, that due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted.