Category Manager IT
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Category Manager- IT Infrastructure
The Vodafone Procurement Company (VPC) in Luxembourg is part of Vodafone Group and drive our aspiration to connect for a better future. We purchase products and services from across the globe to help run our business at its very best. We support our people to deliver on our strategy and be a brand loved by our customers, communities, co-partners and colleagues. We give and take ownership to make the most of our many talents and we are always learning to grow ourselves and our business. We get it done, together. Aspiring to be a brand our customers love, we think big, take risks and are always curious to learn. Are you?
As a Category manager IT Infrastructure you are responsible for category management activities in the area of IT, covering the spend for all 25 local markets around the globe. You will individually manage sub-categories of spend, partnering with the business in help defining and executing the procurement, and supplier, strategies.
• Ensure great relationship with key category suppliers
• Manage relationships with key internal business partners in the Local Markets and Group; ensure the category strategy is in line with the overall strategy for Group Technology
• Lead negotiation and conclusion of contracts with suppliers over small and mid-size deals working with Legal and internal partners
• Optimize spend of approx. €100m/year, deliver spend and saving targets in conjunction with the defined procurement and supplier strategies
• Act as a leader, address issues and be a focal point for all category related activity up to limit of responsibility
• Investigate and drive performance improvements on specific opportunities identified within the category.
• Continuously improve of commercial “BAU” processes (Workorder Structure, PO issuing)
• Optimize the supply base
It would be nice if you have…
• An appreciation of the challenges and working in an international team
• Pro-active and can do attitude, capability to deal with stress and workload
• Customer focused and analytical mind-set, highly adaptable to change
• Team player, self-confident, resourceful
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
You must have…
• Previous experience in sourcing/procurement of IT
• Experience within telecoms industry is preferred, on both a global and a local level
• Knowledge of procurement of the following sub-categories: IT Servers and related services, IT Storage and related services
• Strong proven commercial and negotiation skills
• Ability to optimize a wide range of strong working relationships with internal partners and suppliers
• Fluent in English (Oral and writing)
• University degree, master degree preferred
What’s in it for you?
Gain real experience in field of global sourcing and contract management
• Opportunity to learn in an energetic and professional team about partner communication and supply chain management
• Long term full time career opportunities in the field of Procurement
• 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus 11 public holidays
• Flexible working
• Voluntary AXA Health Insurance
• Voluntary AXA Pension Scheme
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.