This exciting role which fits into the Food for Later category planning team is to support the lead category planner to deliver the overall value proposition on both price & promotion within Food for Later. This role is varied and it involves working with the category and insight teams and also external resource of our category teams in our supply base to ensure we optimise our value position through detailed analysis & evidence.
It is important to deliver the end to end promotional process with administration & communication excellence and this can be done by supporting the buyers with a framework & clear timelines & information to best deliver the category targets. The category offers variation as it is highly branded area with strong and exciting execution in store along with seasonal events which require planning & communication with marketing.
This role is within the Food for Later category, reporting to the lead promotional Category Planner and an integral part of the commercial team.
What you need to do
• Support the delivery of the category promotional strategy, using internal insight and working with suppliers to optimise the space. Measure success and continually improve as we implement the plan.
• Manage and be accountable for the execution of the promotional timelines, working with Buyers, Supply Chain, Category Assistants, Marketing and the Central Promotions Team, driving best practice and right first time delivery.
• Support the implementation of the in-store POS strategy, engaging stakeholders, sharing analysis and recommending future strategy.
• With the lead promotion Category Planner represent the Category from a customer planning perspective, ensuring our fair share of voice on the activation plan.
• Use customer insight to inform the promotional plans and support any PIR (post implementation review) work.
• Be up to date with the performance of the category through the use of AIMIA and Nielsen and other market intelligence sources (eg IGD)