The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
Alstom is searching for a Central Commodity Buyer
The Buyer reports to the Commodity Manager, ensures the deployment of commodities strategy, projects execution in line with QCDT objectives and DFQ milestones.
He supports global supplier Panel realtionship (Supplier workload, negociation, Specific agreement)
His main missions are :
· Support global supplier panel relationship
· Manage specific supplier panel relationship (negociation, specific agreement, local supplier QCDT performances)
· Monitor day to day suppliers performances and issues
· Management of initial issues before escalation to line manager
· Respect Alstom Transport code of ethics and guidelines
Commodity support on site:
· Consolidation of commodity needs, inputs
· Active participation to commodity strategy and panel elaboration
· Provide imputs to build differenciation
· Support of Commodity Manager in tender phase
· Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions.
· Effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem solving
· Apply the Alstom Transport Sourcing process, and provide return on experience.
Involvement in projects:
· Coordinate project with all Metiers
· Preparation and launch of Request For Quotation with suppliers using the standard tool
· Lead project negociation
· Monitor sourcing project QCDT & legal project evolution (FAI, Business Award, Product development)
· Ensure work package sheet commitment respect
· Prepare Business Award
- Business school or Engineering degree with MASTER in purchasing
Technical Knowledge / Experience
- Fluent English & International background; high level English for negotiation.
- Minimum of three years working experience in purchasing
Behavioural and Technical Skills / Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills (leadership, communication, ability to convince)
- Negociations skills on price and contractual clauses
- Use of excel, sourcing tools and in accordance with Alstom process
Job Location / Mobility.
On Site / High travel frequency.
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry