The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Deployment of commodities strategy
Ensure project execution in line with QCDT objectives
Manage global supplier Panel relationship : Negotiation, Specific agreement, Supplier workload
· Consolidation of commodity needs, inputs
· Active participation to commodity strategy and panel elaboration on her/his scope
· Lead commodity commitments according to the defined strategy on her/his scope
· Pilot negotiation with panel suppliers during tender phase to ensure best commodity commitment to platform and site teams
· Provide imputs to build differentiation
· Support of Commodity Manager in tender phase
· Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions.
· Effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem solving
· Apply the Alstom Transport Sourcing process, and provide return on experience.
Involvement in projects
· Coordinate project with all Metiers
· Coordinate sourcing activities with local sourcing teams: Contracts application, strategy, saving actions, suppliers performance reviews...
· Preparation and launch of Request For Quotation with suppliers using the standard tool
· Lead project negotiation for the commodity
· Monitor sourcing project QCDT & legal project evolution (FAI, Business Award, Product development)
· Ensure work package sheet commitment respect
· Ensure QCD commitments/targets
· Prepare Business Award
Business school or Engineering degree with MASTER in purchasing
Technical Knowledge / Experience
Fluent English & International background; high level English for negotiation.
- Minimum of three years working experience in purchasing
Behavioural and Technical Skills / Competencies
Strong interpersonal skills (leadership, communication, ability to convince)
Negotiations skills on price and contractual clauses
Use of excel, sourcing tools and in accordance with Alstom process
Job Location / Mobility.
On Site / High travel frequency.