Couplers & HVAC Buyer position.
This unusual splitted position into two commodities requires a very good capacity to switch between subjects, products, networks very frequently and of course to handle and manage priorities.
He/She will as a responsibility have to apply Sourcing Strategy and to support project operations at site level (finalizes contracts with suppliers - frame agreement - and places orders in close cooperation with Supply Chain).
The role reports hierarchically to Brakes & Couplers Commodity Director and functionally to HVAC Commodity Manager.
Main Missions and responsabilities for the position are:
Deploy of commodities strategy
Ensure project execution in line with QCDT objectives
Manage global supplier Panel relationship : Negociation, Specific agreement, Supplier workload
· Support global supplier panel relationship
· Manage specific supplier panel relationship (negociation, specific agreement, local supplier QCDT performances)
· Monitor day to day suppliers performances and issues
· Management of initial issues before escalation to line manager
· Respect Alstom Transport code of ethics and guidelines
· Consolidation of commodity needs, inputs
· Active participation to commodity strategy and panel elaboration on her/his scope
· Lead commodity commitments according to the defined strategy on her/his scope
· Pilot negotiation with panel suppliers during tender phase to ensure best commodity commitment to platform and site teams
· Provide inputs to build differenciation
· Support of Commodity Manager in tender phase
· Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions.
· Effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem solving
· Apply the Alstom Sourcing process, and provide return on experience.
Involvement in projects
· Coordinate project with all Metiers
· Coordinate sourcing activities with local sourcing teams: Contracts application, strategy, saving actions, suppliers performance reviews...
· Preparation and launch of Request For Quotation with suppliers using the standard tool
· Lead project negociation for the commodity
· Monitor sourcing project QCDT & legal project evolution (FAI, Business Award, Product development)
· Ensure work package sheet commitment respect
· Ensure QCD commitments/targets
· Prepare Business Award
- Contractualization and order creation
- Business school or Engineering degree with MASTER in purchasing
Technical Knowledge / Experience
- Fluent English & International background; high level English for negotiation,
- German language is an asset,
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in purchasing.
Behavioural and Technical Skills / Competencies
- Switching capacacity between subejects & networks and priority management
- Strong interpersonal skills (leadership, communication, ability to convince)
- Negociations skills on price and contractual clauses
- Use of excel, sourcing tools and in accordance with Alstom process
Job Location / Mobility.
On Site / High-Medium travel frequency is required for International travelling for supplier and team meetings.