The Apprentice will support the Commodity Manager to ensure the deployment of commodities strategy.
He supports global supplier Panel realtionship (Supplier workload, negociation, Specific agreement) on several commodities
His main missions are :
Active participation to commodity strategy and panel elaboration on different commodities not adressed today
Support the sites to build up and or challenge current panel
Develop supplierbase adressing low labour cost countries
· Support global supplier panel relationship
· Manage specific supplier panel relationship (negotiation, specific agreement, local supplier QCDT performances)
· Respect Alstom Transport code of ethics and guidelines
Commodity support :
· Consolidation of commodity needs, inputs·
· Provide imputs to build differenciation
· Support of Commodity Manager in SMARt roadmap (Purchasing guidelines)
· Represent the commodities towards projects, platforms and solutions.
· Effective teamwork with internal customers and stakeholders in problem solving
· Apply the Alstom Transport Sourcing process, and provide return on experience.
- Business school or Engineering degree with MASTER in purchasing ( MAI, Essec, DESMA, ...)
Technical Knowledge / Experience
- Fluent English & International background; high level English for negotiation.
- A first experience in purchasing
Behavioural and Technical Skills / Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills (leadership, communication, ability to convince)
- Negociations skills on price and contractual clauses
- Use of excel, sourcing tools and in accordance with Alstom process
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry