We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
The primary purpose of the role is to take overall responsibility and accountability for the delivery of the key strategic pillar of operational excellence relating to the development and maintenance of Cosmetics stands in store. In cooperation with the Commercial and Facilities team, they would need to introduce and enhance operational awareness into commercial negotiations.
They would report into the Senior Buyer for Cosmetics to ensure that a single vision for cosmetics is carried out throughout the business. The role would as such require high levels of cross functional working with Facilities, Retail Operations, Merchandising, Supply Chain and Security.
They would need to have an extensive knowledge of Superdrug store operations and passion for cosmetics. Ideal candidate would be an existing area manager or a store manager from a larger store. This role has responsibility for managing 2 heads of the Cosmetics Helpdesk.
• Support the Facilities team in developing and implementing SLAs with 3rd parties dealing with stores on cosmetics stands including timely and accurate implementation of cosmetics rebalance and installation programs
• Development of a single best practise approach for all different brands and manufacturers dealing with Superdrug on cosmetics
• Establish a formal Superdrug sign-off process for stand updates and FSUs/SSUs and assume responsibility as the Superdrug sign-off point
• With L&D functions, develop, deliver and maintain a comprehensive training program covering the technical side of products and stands and people side of sales and service
• Support the Supply Chain and Merchandising teams in improving cosmetics ranging, recalls and tester management
• Work with Retail Operations for process improvement for cosmetics management in stores
• Support the implementation of new beauty store concepts with appropriate changes to in-store operations and provide operational know-how during the concept development phases
• Daily management and further development of cosmetics helpdesk and acting as the first point of escalation for any issues
What you’ll need to succeed
• The ideal candidate will be a retail operator with experience gained in a fast pace multi-site retail environment
• They must be able to clearly demonstrate experience of operating at and influencing senior manager level and represent the business with outside parties
• They must have passion for cosmetics and beauty services and understand the requirements of operating a cosmetics stand in store
• They must demonstrate a genuine passion for the company and be able to effectively and concisely communicate their approach to operations within the unique ‘Beauty & Health’ environment of Superdrug
• They need to be confident, resilient and self motivated, with a highly organised approach to work
• They have experience of supervising or managing teams.
• They need to be highly IT literate and have good numeric and verbal reasoning skills.
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
• Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special.