One of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with us means joining a company that makes a difference for others. There is tremendous opportunity here for people who want to advance the industry, through innovation and nourish the world with quality.
As part of our Customer Demand Planning team, you will help drive the performance of General Mills’ products predominately across our Discounter channel whilst supporting across our convenience and emerging channels.
This is a new role at General Mills and as such one of the key requirements will be for you to establish and build strong and influential relationships with your Customer’s Supply Chain and our Sales teams.
> Identify and establish key customer stakeholders
> Collaborate to explore and identify joint opportunities and prioritise using benefit / effort analysis
> Prepare and lead regular collaborative review meetings with customer’s supply chain
> Pro-actively challenge customer where required, becoming trusted advisor to customer
> Work with Customer to optimize General Mills products performance.
The collaborative agenda for this role is, in part, to be defined following the establishment of customer relationships and identification of joint opportunities. Key areas of focus are likely to be;
> On shelf availability, logistics, wastage and efficiency driving
> Base demand planning
> Event Management including promotions and NPD in particular, through collaborative planning / forecasting, execution, tracking and review.
> Demand Planning including analysing both internal and customer data (sales, forecast, service and stock) driving insights into the business to improve promotional performance and forecast accuracy.
> Route to market analysis, considering the suitability and efficiency of the current supply chain into you customers
The above will be reflected in your KPI’s which will include;
> Forecast accuracy
> On time in full service
> AGS results
> Revenue through increased sales or efficiency savings
> Teamwork as part of The wider Customer Supply Chain Team
- Degree caliber
- Proven success managing and maintaining a collaborative customer relationship and ability to identify and influence key stakeholders
- Experience and knowledge of the FMCG industry
- Broad understanding of key supply / demand principles
- Knowledge of SAP/ APO or TPM systems
Required: Work Attributes/Qualities
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills with ability to constructively challenge & build great relationships.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Performance driven with a Continuous Improvement mind set.
- Proactive approach, working with minimum supervision.
- Collaborative approach to teamwork.
- Ability to multitask demonstrating understanding of benefit / effort analysis
- Strong quantitative and computer skills (Microsoft office package)
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of root cause management principles
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate and enthusiastic, has a positive and proactive approach to work. An individual who relishes the challenge of scoping and delivering success in a brand new role
Enjoys working with others and building great relationships but can work alone or take the lead when needed.