Our vision is to be the world’s best insight team, driving significant commercial advantage as a valued partner by developing compelling insights through exceptional customer, consumer and market understanding. Data scientists are key in using advanced techniques to build and develop our understanding or the customer, how we use that understanding to personalise our communications and to understand the business impact of our activity.
Here at Walgreens Boots Alliance - Global Brands we believe in being pioneering, inspirational and connecting with people. Our unique business model places the consumer at the heart of everything we do, with real-time insights that are transformed into thousands of products and brands to help consumers lead happier and healthier lives. With a portfolio of brands that includes No7, Liz Earle Beauty Co., Soap & Glory and YourGoodSkin, we touch the lives of millions all over the world.
• Advance our understanding of the Boots customer and the ability to turn this into insights
• Develop and use innovative techniques influencing our customer communications
• Bring a knowledge of applied statistics to understand the performance of our activity
• Be an expert in the use of our data and tools in order to develop innovative analyses
• Working with business partners to make insights a core part of their decision making
• Be educated to degree level in a highly quantitative discipline i.e. quantitative social science, computer science, mathematics or demonstrate similar experience
• Experienced in data science techniques (e.g. Decision Trees, Clustering, Regression, Nearest Neighbour, Classification methods, Time Series analysis, Anomaly Detection, Dimensionality Reduction, Supervised and Unsupervised Learning techniques)
• Strong experience with predictive modelling and forecasting
• Strong SQL/R/Python skills or similar and experience working with large volumes of data
• Experience of presenting recommendations & solutions and insights to stakeholders who may not be analytically-minded or data savvy and championing the voice of the customer.
• Able to own your development, always looking to improve yourself and others
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We want to invest in you, to challenge you and help you develop an exciting and successful career. You will have the chance to be part of something ambitious, something innovative and have an impact on a global scale. With a competitive salary and personalized benefits package, you will join a diverse and passionate team who work with some of the world's most well-known brands.