• Qualification in a supply chain related discipline and/or demand management
• Excellent communications skills in English, and preferably fluency in 1 or more additional European Language.
• Demonstrated capability in Supply Chain Management and the ability to mentor and support the development of less experienced members of a planning team.
• Strong networking, planning and organisational skills with a demonstrated capability to manage complex projects with short timelines.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience in APO desirable.
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer. We research and develop a range of innovative products across Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare in order to improve people’s health and well-being.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
We are currently recruiting for a Demand Forecasting Manager to join our European Pharma demand forecasting group based at GSK’s global headquarters in Brentford, Middlesex, UK. This role will involve being responsible for a specific group of products and brands across a group of European countries. The role will require the prospective candidate to have strong demand planning experience as well as extensive business partnering ability. This is an opportunity for a customer focused and commercially minded demand planning manager to join a dynamic and forward thinking team.
The Demand Forecasting Manager is responsible for the development of a robust, un-biased and comprehensive sales forecast for approximately 1000+ SKUs, split across an assigned Therapy/SKU portfolio and multiple markets that are managed from the Demand Forecasting and Supply Planning hub. The demand plans will ensure that there is the appropriate level of inventory available in the corresponding MMW/LSP and LOCs.
• Operates the volume forecasting process within the Supply Chain Operating Model supporting the Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) for an assigned set of Therapies/Markets in order to improve customer service levels, reduce working capital and minimize stock write-offs
• Responsible within assigned Therapies for the monitoring of demand forecasting KPIs to drive improvements in accuracy, bias, working capital and customer service
• Generates an estimate of the sales volume (including the generation of statistical forecast baselines) for a 43-month horizon and leads the monthly Forecast Review Meetings and Pre-Demand Review Meetings to make the necessary adjustments based on the market intelligence supplied by the LOC Sales and Marketing and/or Financial and Commercial teams
• Ensures, through input from the LOCs, that there is a comprehensive total volume forecast including New Product Introduction, competitor activity and tenders to ensure that proper production planning is in place, and develops an appreciation of the commercial supply chain and the capability of suppliers to respond to changes in demand
• Prepares forecast inputs into the key Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) meetings, including Demand Review Meetings, feeding through to Supply Review and regional S&OP Meetings, and participates to one or more LOC Demand Review Meetings to represent both own and all Therapies
• Promotes a ‘one number’ mindset to drive business decision-making and forecast transparency / functional accountability
• Executes European Product Allocation according to the EAS process defined by Europe Finance and in line with the agreed calendar
• Ensures that planning parameters in all relevant systems are maintained accurately and in line with the Service Level Agreements reached with Customers or Multi-Market Warehouses
• Owns and develops the relationship with Markets (Market Relationship Manager role), works to become business partners with Commercial Teams, and links between Franchise and Commercial to support the launch of new products
• Contributes to strategic global and regional projects that will use demand forecasting as a lever to unlock further benefits in GSK's supply chain including Inventory Reduction, ERP, Supply Chain Transformation, etc.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.