The Demand Planner (DP) manages the demand volume forecasting and planning for the short and long term of his/her dairy brands. For the short term the DP ensures together with Supply Planning that supply matches demand so that a good service level and minimum waste are ensured. Together with the cross functional Brand Team the DP manages his/her brand on the long term by incorporating marketing and sales plans in order to enable gap closure and extra business growth. Furthermore the DP always seeks to optimize forecast accuracy by improving forecasting methodologies and tools.
About the role:
Your main responsibilities will be:
Short term forecasting (week + 6).
o Monitor and analyse baseline sales, promotional events and marketing events.
o Ensure with Supply Planning and Customer Service & Logistics that supply matches demand.
o Collaborate with retailers for forecasting (e.g. promotions, innovations, seasonality).
• Long term forecasting (month + 18).
o Statistical forecasting.
o Gather and process information from other sources like Marketing, Account Management, Category Management, Supply Planning and external data sources that have an impact on future demand or supply.
o Help identify risks and opportunities as part of the S&OP process.
• Represent Supply Chain in cross functional brand teams.
• Facilitate meetings between functions to gain demand forecast consensus as part of the S&OP process.
• Ensure consistency of forecast from period to period, tracking and explaining changes.
• Measure and manage the continuous improvement of forecast accuracy by improved system use (SAP, Microstrategy) and forecasting methodologies.
• As part of an international organisation seek for optimal processes and tools for both Demand Planning but also for Supply Chain as a whole.
Most important KPIs:
• Forecast Accuracy and Bias
• Service Level
• Timely activity management (ST)
Experience & Technical Knowledge:
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Logistics, Supply chain, Business Administration or equivalent.
• Around 1-3 years of relevant experience in planning, supply chain or analyst roles.
Skills & Competences:
• Very strong analytical, numerical and fundamental IT skills. Great with numbers, flawless in Excel.
• Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills, capable to clarify complex situations and facilitating decision making.
• Strong project management skills, capable of managing parallel multiple improvement and portfolio optimization projects.
• Performance driven (business drive) team player with a critical, analytical mentality.
• Flexible, stress-resistant, taking initiatives and open for changes.
• Mandatory to be fluent in Dutch and English.
Hit the “apply now” button.