Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
From Johnnie Walker to Smirnoff, Diageo is searching for leaders from different backgrounds who have a voracious appetite for manufacturing culture and supply chain practices. Our leaders not only keep up but drive the pace at which we deliver initiatives. Whether it is engaging and influencing senior stakeholders or finding fast, creative solutions to issues, we are looking for someone to approach these brilliantly.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment. By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
Your role as Brand Demand Planning will include:
Sales and Operations Planning:
Effectively influences cross functional teams in both Demand and Supply at all levels within the Sales and Operations (S&OP) process to achieve consensus and clear gap-closing action plans to deliver business goals
Negotiates and influences the decision-making process to determine one set of numbers which drives the end to end supply chain planning process to deliver business goals in customer service and cash
Creates demand signal based on analysis of historical demand patterns to create statistical forecasting, incorporating market dynamics including cannibalisation, category trends and competition in the forecast to increase forecast accuracy
Agrees Supply Chain Policies with Supply Planning to deliver appropriate levels of customer service and inventory health (SLOB inventory) Manages the short-term plan with cross functional partners to maximise customer service and balance service cost and inventory
Critically analyses given situation in context of relevant goals and objectives and evaluates available options to make sound and timely decisions
Takes responsibility and accountability for decisions made. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, change, or crisis to effectively respond to and address the given situation
The Ideal Candidate
· Educated to degree level
· Experience in FMCG Company in customer services, demand or supply planning role.
· Strong analytical skills, advanced Excel and presentation skills - detail driven, able to analyse and manipulate large volumes of data to identify the salient elements
· Process orientated, able to clearly prioritise multiple and often conflicting tasks
· Strong commercial drive, able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
· Masterful at creating alignment across multiple functions and stakeholders
· Solutions focused and capable of delivering continuous process improvement
· Able to handle ambiguity and operates well in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Team player, focussed on total company delivery also thrives in a challenging and complex environment
· Ability to challenge other’s views to deliver individual results
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.