Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Detail Parts Procurement Manager has arisen Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Toulouse.
As an important step in your career, this position will give you the opportunity to gain a full understanding of the procurement profession. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to work in empowered way in a dynamic environment.
Joining our team you will be:
• Responsible for management of strategic Detail Parts markets / suppliers;
• Accountable for providing the best purchasing conditions for Airbus & Airbus Group for the strategic suppliers under his/her responsibility;
• Accountable for contracting Airbus & Airbus Group needs under his/her responsibility and related contract negotiation, supported by contract manager
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main activities will include:
• Supervising market analysis in order to identify/select suppliers;
• Proposing market strategy to the management and Multifunctional Team;
• managing risk related to suppliers (financial, strategy, monopoly...) and defining appropriate mitigation actions, in the frame of LMFT/MFT,
• Ensuring availability of market specific requirements (for example quality, technical, capacity etc.) and demand aggregation.
• Running RFPs to ensure business needs.
• Proposing supplier selection proposal & coordination of supplier selection report.
• Being aaccountable for negotiation of all contract terms & conditions incl. contract change management.
Supplier Relationship Management:
• Being Supplier Relationship Manager for some of Top 10 key team suppliers.
• Being accountable for developing & maintaining key suppliers and internal stakeholder relations.
• Ensuring Financial Health Check on all suppliers and action as appropriate.
• Negotiating contract terms and conditions; ensuring contract change management, supported by contract manager
• Being responsible for supplier contractual review meetings.
• Being responsible for supplier Strategic Fit Meetings and Supplier Management Meeting.
• Leading dedicated Local MFTs (project planning, PMD Procurement status, financial adherence…);
• Supporting and contributing to deployment of the commodity strategy (market intelligence, etc.) using the Airbus & Airbus Group procurement strategy and policy;
• Delivering key financial performance (budget, business cases, audit template, project dossiers);
• Company cost improvement programs
• Coordinating all activities, identifying opportunities, and establishing associated plan, leading project implementation with appropriate LMFT, elaborating business cases and reporting;
• Supervising & supporting Transfer of Work (ToW) activities for the market / suppliers;
• Supporting and contributing to supplier development initiatives corresponding to the actual and future supplier performance (Cost, Quality, OTD);
• Supporting and contributing to definition of development targets (for example cost reduction measures, Quality and delivery performance targets);
• Supporting and contributing to perform/participate to regular supplier reviews/assessments;
• Being accountable for consistency between contract terms & conditions, and the information system (SAP…) Airbus
This role will involve some occasional travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Experience in Procurement
• Good communication and negotiation skills;
• Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team;
• Eager to work in a dynamic environment;
• Language Skills: English & French negotiation level is mandatory;