As part of the GMS split into separate Pharma and Consumer Healthcare Manufacturing & Supply Chain. To enable GSK’s aspiration to drive increased value though tech, new innovative digital technologies, data & analytics though agile methods and tight alignment to Consumer Healthcare needs and objectives
This role consolidates multiple roles into a single regional lead. Key purposes of this role are:
• To act as the single point of accountability to the regional business for the overall definition of Tech regional roadmaps, delivery of Projects and Services for Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain and Manufacturing in EMEA
• Ensures regional alignment to Tech Roadmaps to support Consumer Healthcare Strategy for Manufacturing sites and Supply Chain with key regional stakeholders in Engineering, Quality, Technical, R&D, Commercial, Strategy, Finance, HR & EHS.
• Drive the introduction, evaluation and deployment of advances in Digital, Data and Analytics to drive a more efficient, agile and customer focused Supply Chain and Manufacturing within region
• Responsible for ensuring Compliance and Audit standards are met where applicable. This role would embrace GSK Lean Leadership, have good understanding of this and demonstrating its use
• To work with the business, adding value through innovative uses of Tech (i.e. solving business challenges and realizing new business opportunities). Identifies opportunities, market trends and industry standards to bring opportunities to the attention of the business and act as the technology headlights for the business within a region
• Build strategic relationships with local internal and external Tech vendors. Broker vendor discussions to introduce innovation via external solutions providers when appropriate.
• Responsible for the leadership and performance of the EMEA site Tech Managers, developing capabilities and services that add value for the GSK Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain. Sits on the Manufacturing and Supply Chain Leadership Teams to identify, create & implement a value adding Tech roadmap that delivers business expectations for safety, quality, service & cost.
• Acts as a single point of accountability within the region to the business for the overall delivery of Tech Roadmaps, Projects and Services for nominated GSK Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain Manufacturing regoin
• Acts as an regional escalation point for Tech problems from site and facilitates cross functional problem solving where appropriate.
• Builds talent capability within the within the Tech teams and the broader site teams ensuring GSK Supply Chain Manufacturing is enabled for ongoing successful adoption of digital technologies.
• Builds & maintains strategic external relationships with a range of Tech resources including universities, forum groups, strategic vendors, & other companies. Establishes and maintains an ongoing process to engage & benchmark externally to ensure GSK Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain Manufacturing remains competitive compared to peer companies, bringing external best practice and innovation where appropriate.
• Acts as an Enterprise Leader driving alignment with the Business and across Tech Groups to deliver long term strategic value. Champions the use of Data & Analytics to actively challenge existing practices & processes, acting as a change advocate & bringing new data driven insights where appropriate.
• Responsible for ensuring ongoing Cyber Security, Compliance and Audit standards are met where applicable.
• Responsible of optimisation of existing Tech processes & systems as they relate to Consumer Healthcare Manufacturing and Supply Chain to maximise value to the business applying Lean & Agile Leadership to eliminate waste from Tech processes & systems. Drives improvement in Tech across region and shares globally
• Actively engages in the development of business strategy and contributes the supporting Tech roadmap providing a range of Tech solutions to drive business value within the region
• Captures and prioritizes regional Tech demand in an agile methodology aligned to business value. Develops business case, leads the critical IT investment decisions and PIP approvals.
• Ensures Tech projects are set up with appropriate governance including clear product ownership & accountability and oversee the successful delivery of Tech projects, products & features.
• Driving prioritization and investment decisions, while ensuring that the simplification objectives are met.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Degree or equivalent Supply Chain or Manufacturing education or experience
- Senior stakeholder management and engagement
- Performing in demanding operating environments
- Seeing and applying Tech from a business not pure technology perspective
- Developing and aligning Tech regional roadmaps to meet business needs
- Driving significant Tech based change programmes across International and functional boundaries
- Degree in Information Management/Computer Science or related discipline such as Supply Chain or Manufacturing
- Understanding Tech Operating Models/Ways of Working, abreast of latest Technologies and their use
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex matrix environment
- Detailed knowledge of the cGMP requirements relevant to the role and understand the Computer Validation requirement in Pharmaceutical Industry
- Understanding of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems in a manufacturing context
- Having worked in a Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing environment
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.