University degree (BSc) or equivalent
Experience in supply chain and logistics, covering various roles and areas of expertise but with specific operational experience of Production and Materials Scheduling and Planning.
Direct experience of the end to end supply (value) chain constraints and its impact on the commercial business.
Experience in managing senior stakeholders, leading multi-functional teams and project / program management in a complex matrix environment
University degree (BSc) or equivalent with additional specialization and / or post-graduate studies and program management skills
Ability to simplify technical or functional questions on Production and Material Scheduling and Procurement to the business context and actively engage senior stakeholders .
Deep insight into production planning, procurement, rough cut capacity planning, operational scheduling etc. with a good working knowledge and understanding of the overall CCC process, demand forecasting, S&OP and S&OE (Sales and Operations Execution) processes.
Excellent networking skills to establish and sustain a wide range of contacts and collaborative relationships (both internally and externally).
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to model “what if” scenarios.
Excellent communication and active listening skills with ability to influence, motivate, energize others.
Good working knowledge and experience of Planning tools e.g., SAP-APO, ECC, PPDS.
Role has multiple dimensions and job holder has to be able to deal with multiple priorities for multiple business units and stakeholder
The Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) Strategy and Business Development group has an opening for a Scheduling and Planning Execution Director. In this role, you will ensure the consistent delivery and application of the Production and Materials Scheduling elements of the defined GSK Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) across the Pharma, Consumer & Vaccines businesses.
During the transformation and deployment phase (2017-2019) the role will both refine the design & KPIs of Production and Materials Scheduling as part of the overall Core Commercial Cycle, and participate in deployment to ensure it is rolled out and applied consistently across the Pharma business globally whilst also ensuring ongoing alignment with the implementation of the model in the Consumer & Vaccines businesses.
In the steady-state (post-transformation) environment, you will be responsible for evaluating the performance of the Production and Materials Scheduling process and driving alignment and continuous improvement. The position is crucial for the overall success of the CCC deployment.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Ownership of the GSK Production and Materials Scheduling – working with Production Sites and Procurement leadership teams, global process owners for CCC to define and maintain process content i.e. architecture/design, standards, business approvals and overall management of the standards incl. associated training materials.
• Identifies the key business issues for the deployment and improvement of Production and Material Scheduling and seeks support/escalates technical and functional issues translated in terms of business impact to ensure speedy resolution.
• Aligning the application of Production and Materials Scheduling across the production sites of Pharma, Consumer & Vaccines businesses.
• Driving performance delivery towards an effective integration and execution of the mid-term plan into the time continuous production and inbound materials scheduling environment, while reducing lead times, increasing on-time performance on finished goods and inbound materials, increasing manufacturing throughput.
• Leading better coordination of manufacturing resources, production, and procurement, ultimately resulting in reduced out of stocks and improved customer service through an integrated business planning approach.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of Production Scheduling and Suppliers on-time execution through the definition and collection of KPI data and drive benchmarking and continuous improvement.
• Lead and develop network of SP champions across Pharma,Consumer & Vaccines businesses to share knowledge and best practice and drive capability improvement, training and mentoring of the roles involved in executing the Supply Planning process .